• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Shotgun?

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
The Remington 870; the most prolific and well designed pump shotgun ever. To own one is to own a piece of history and rest easy in the knowledge that it will never let you down.

A mossberg is ugly but hey, if you can hit what you aim at more power to you.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Hoov, I plan on purchasing the same gun here in a few months. I've shot many and like the feel and everyone who has had one loves it's reliability.

The Mossberg 500, while cheap and popular, tends to be slightly less reliable. I'm not saying they have feeding problems everytime, but enough for me to be concerned.

BPS, never shot one but heard nothing but outstanding reviews about it. Plus it's a Browning...

If you're willing to go semi-auto, Rem 1100 or 1187 is the most smooth shooting and reliable shotgun I've ever shot. I've had my 1100 for 15 years now and have killed everything from birds to rabbits to Javelina and don't have a single complaint about it. Great trap/skeet gun.

T-man

I'm a big fan of my Remington 870 Tactical... but it's not exactly the most condusive to hunting being that it's only got a 20" barrel. Definitely a fun gun to shoot though!

P1010700.JPG

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
T-man said:
I'm a big fan of my Remington 870 Tactical... .....

There is a HUGE problem with long guns in this configuration ...

... trust me :) ... if you dare --- I've been instructed many, many hours on it and I, in turn, have instructed on it .... and when it comes to weapons retention --- grappling for the weapon --- the "pistol grip" is a real problem. I used to have a Benelli M1 Tactical with a "pistol" grip --- as a result of my "education" .... I replaced it with a "conventional" stock.

It looks "mean" ... the marketing types love it because it promotes sales --- but you will lose your shotgun or "assault rifle" in a grapple against a goblin who knows what he is doing --- or you will get your thumb dislocated.

Believe it ....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What we really need is a thread about exploding varmints. Anyone else aware of that fine series of films?

aavlogo.jpg

:D :D

Brett

Lawman

None
Brett327 said:
What we really need is a thread about exploding varmints. Anyone else aware of that fine series of films?

aavlogo.jpg

:D :D

Brett

Brett, I promise to video tape the next time Im up at My Great Uncles Farm handling the varmint problem. That ought to be fun for you, if you like watching a groundhog go completely still after half its internal organs get sucked out into a puddle 3 feet next to it. God I love .270 Winchester.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Brett, I promise to video tape the next time Im up at My Great Uncles Farm handling the varmint problem. That ought to be fun for you, if you like watching a groundhog go completely still after half its internal organs get sucked out into a puddle 3 feet next to it. God I love .270 Winchester.
Drew, you're the best. When these tapes first hit the streets (before they realized that people would pay for them), they were available for DL and viewing. I love watching the little fellers pop up only to be sent sailing in a lovely pink mist. :D

Brett