• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New service selection options this year

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this for upcoming service selection or next year.

I am a 2/C MIDN and I had a initial interview with my LT a few days ago for the beginning of the school year. We were discussing getting my aviation physical started but also got into talking about various service selections.

I am prior enlisted so I got a good idea of what each of the communities that NROTC offers commissions in, and I am confident that I want something in aviation. But she brought up something that kind of sparked my interest in Intel that I was curious to see if anyone else has heard about this...

Apperantly starting this year with service selections they are offering a route for Intel and IW officers.. Basically from what I was told (My LT was unsure of all the specifics at the times since it is new, so just gave me a brief rundown). You would be able to choose a SWO/Intel path. You would goto a ship, get your pin then you go to Intel or IW school (Depends on which you choose).

Now I know all about lateral transfers and she stated that this is completely different. You actually would be guarenteed Intel or IW after getting your SWO pin if picked up for the designator.

Anyhow just curious to see if anyone else has heard about this or can shed some light on it?

navy09

None
As I understand it, this is a brand new program. Sounds like a great deal, though I think I read somewhere that they're only taking like 2 people into this program out of ROTC (and another 2 from USNA).

Anyway, if you can get it- go for it!

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Yeah sounded very selective but cool to know that it's there.. still got a bit before selection so going to do some more research on it..