• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Retired ID...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The latest date is May 3, 2023, which may be something like the 14th deadline they've had for it since they started it. Now that everyone but American Samoa is compliant though it may finally come to pass.

That explains it. When my parents lived in MT a couple of years ago, they had to come up with another form ID for the "impending" Real ID rule change. I thought it was a thing now, but apparently the "urgent" need for security isn't quite what TSA has told us. Shocking!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
On a related note, has anyone had an issue using new CACs at the TSA checkpoint? The last few times I’ve flown the machine has rejected it, and according to to the agent on duty they’ve been having problems with newer CACs. I’ve ended up having to use my (non-Real ID) PA drivers license each time.
Yes. Glad it’s not just me.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Is this a Fresno problem, or are we talking widespread? Haven't had mine cause issues yet, but it's a couple years old. My guess is that TSA doesn't have Flankspeed so they are unable to check them. Kind of like I have been unable to check NMCI mail for a long time now.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
On a related note, has anyone had an issue using new CACs at the TSA checkpoint? The last few times I’ve flown the machine has rejected it, and according to to the agent on duty they’ve been having problems with newer CACs. I’ve ended up having to use my (non-Real ID) PA drivers license each time.
No issues at all. Scans in the machine they use. I use mine - issued in 2020 everytime I fly. Military CAC's are entitled *automatically* to TSA pre-check.