• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new/recent topics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm having some issues with the new site. If I sit around too long while logged in and then click "new posts," sometimes the forum marks most of the topics as "read" whether I've actully read them or not. This usually happens when I take a long time posting a reply or if I walk away from my computer for a while without logging off.

Can we get a "recent topics" function like the old forum has?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok, inactivity of 20 minutes resets your New Posts counter. So, if you are writing a novel, you might want to open a new browser window and pull up airwarriors to refresh the counter, either that or click on preview or something. It was at 15 min, I bumped it up to 20.

John

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks - sometimes the novel thing gets me.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No problem, I am still learning all the tweaks and settings this forum has. I understand it is a learning curve all around (except for those others out there that have already been using this forum software elsewhere...)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Yea this new forum thingy is just kickin my ass!
THIS from a prior NUKE? Man, what did the SWO community DO TO YOU?!?!?!

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like the way that topics show up in bold as new replies get posted WHILE YOU'RE ONLINE... this new forum is great once you get used to it.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Yea this new forum thingy is just kickin my ass!

Please note the sarcasm....John, I expected at least you and Dev to pick up on it.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ben, yeah, the forum definitely has more depth in its features for tracking what you did, and showing it to you, just takes some getting used to is all.

Steve, I know, just as much as this site was kicking my ass last week, and I thought it was the software that was crashing the server... I move the site over to a new box, and it runs awesome. Turns out the problem was never me, but a hardware fault on my prior host (they were great, too bad I had to leave them).

Status
Not open for further replies.