• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Ranch Rifle Toy

I got one yesterday, stainless. 3 X 9 Bushnell Trophy scope....nothing special there. Extra mags, sling ect and ordered 200 rounds of Wolf FMJ ammo. I figure I can cut some firewood for next year with it. I think I did OK for 500 bucks, what do you guys think?

holloway

WheelsUpHeelsUp said:
I got one yesterday, stainless. 3 X 9 Bushnell Trophy scope....nothing special there. Extra mags, sling ect and ordered 200 rounds of Wolf FMJ ammo. I figure I can cut some firewood for next year with it. I think I did OK for 500 bucks, what do you guys think?

I never really found my Mini-14 to be all that accurate (unless you have a match barrel, in which case *drool*)... I suppose I just never thought optics were of much use on one. That being said, the Ranch Rifle never had much in the way of decent iron sights. I always preferred the M1-style rear sight on the normal mini-14.

For $500, though, I think you did alright for all that. Cheers.

-JW

caseyh46

Cool... I love my mini... the one thing I'd reccomend is to get yourself a hogue synthetic overmolded stock.. you'll be amazed at how much more comfy that thing is in your hands... I have the regular K-mini, not the ranch but I find it to be very accurate for an iron sighted rifle.. and way lighter than my Colt AR HBAR... Mini's are way fun and cheap to shoot... Have fun with that..

FLMarine

Get yourself a Butler Creek folding stock for your mini, you'll like it even more. Used to have a Bushnell 3x9 scope on it but I found it to be more annoying than anything. Use the iron sights or get a red dot scope like I did. Here's a picture of what mine looks like and how it shoots from a bench rest at 50 yards. I love the mini-14 for it's simplicity and being reliable.

mini-14-5.jpg

mini-14-6.jpg

T

TXHusker05

"Oh that little guy, I wouldn't worry about that little guy."

HAHAHAHAHA, that is the funniest movie. Never been a folding stock fan but it might be a good idea on a few guns.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The inherent (in)accuracy of the Mini-14 shouldn't be affected by a folding stock. That being said, Not a fan of it on there. To each their own though :) Nice to see a real magazine in there though.

FLMarine

The Mini-14 isn't the most accurate rifle around, but it's not meant to be shooting 2" groups at 500 yards. It does fine shooting at 50-200 yards. Mine actually got more accurate when I put the folding stock on it, guess it tightened up the rifle somewhat. I got the folding stock mainly so I could store it in a smaller case and if I wanted to bring it in the truck it wouldn't take up so much space.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FLMarine said:
I got the folding stock mainly so I could store it in a smaller case and if I wanted to bring it in the truck it wouldn't take up so much space.

I thought folding stocks were only used for spraying children with bullets?

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Fly Navy said:
I thought folding stocks were only used for spraying children with bullets?

HA HA HA HA!!! That quote plus the picture has got to be some of the funniest sh!t I've ever seen!!!:D