• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New PT Uniform

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to mention, we already had a serviceable PT uniform. The Bullseye looked kind of dumb, yeah; the new stuff looks dumb and is expensive, smells weird, and shit quality to boot.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Could have all been solved by choosing brown shirts and black shorts. Oh well, it is to dream....

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I have only worn the new pt gear a few times and already don't like it.. The shirt comes untucked way to easily and the shorts are just uncomfortable.

NOT A FAN!!

Any news on a new running suit?? Or just staying with the sweats.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot

As long as it took and the amount of money spent to come up with a pair of shorts and a T-shirt I'm thinking the running suit should be out in time for my grandkids to enjoy.

Bevo16

pilot
Nike is already the Naval Academy's supplier for athletic materal. They should have just expanded the contract and had them print NAVY on some "gold" shirts and cranked out some blue shorts. It would have been a hell of a lot cheaper, and we could have a popular and higher quality product.

The way that this uniform came to be and the end product could be a case study about everything that is F'd up about the government.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I have only worn the new pt gear a few times and already don't like it.. The shirt comes untucked way to easily and the shorts are just uncomfortable.

NOT A FAN!!

Screw running suits. At first, ROTC had gildan sweats, cotton T's with the unit logo, and the issued navy PT shorts...it worked great for about 40 bucks a person) and then made us all go out and buy all new PT gear (not the new kind, or even the official Navy PT gear) and running suits.

The shorts were terrible and had to be fixed with a knife to the liner before they were even remotely serviceable, the shirts were at least cotton T-s, but the running suits managed to be both expensive and completely worthless, simultaneously. They weren't warm enough to stop the wind (kind of important in southwest Virginia hill country at 0500 with a windchill of 10), they didn't breathe when it was cool enough to need them so you ended up freezing anyway, and they made the most annoying swish swish swish sound everytime you took a step. Plus, they looked uber gay to boot. 70 bucks later I was an unhappy camper.

At least with the old school cotton stuff we could wear underarmour or wicking T's under the sweats if it was cold out, layer up and be nice and toasty for the most part. With the running suits, anything other than issued stuff was a no no, and the shit wasn't warm anyways so most of our winter PT was indoors, causing a weekly clusterfuck as far as deconflicting locations to PT the battalion, while not interfering with the AF, Army, and Raiders.

They were a micro example of how something as simple as a pt uniform can get fucked up in a heartbeat and cause more ass pain than necessary...and Oh BTW the Marines had to buy a similar windsuit, but they couldn't wear it for their PRT because it wasn't their skivvies. Effing Brilliant.