• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New OCS Website

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I see NWU on that uniform list. :-(
Saw them on one our ATC guys for the first time up close for the first time a week or two ago. They don't look as bad as I thought and they have to be better then wash khakis to get RPT'd in. That and you'll actually use them, unlike wash khakis as well.

nursesoon

Banned
NWU that's the blue digicam ones, right? I like the colors. Cool looking and somewhat original that they didn't go with green or brown camo.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
Woah camo weird, that messed with my head a little.
Website seems a little better organized though. I like it.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
The picture of the class is wrong, not one person was doing push ups in the back.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
That and you'll actually use them, unlike wash khakis as well.
Huh? The NWU is going to be prescribed for the same situations as wash khakis; therefore, if you'd never wear wash khakis past OCS, you'll never wear the NWU, either.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
new_usn_uniform1.jpg
NWU that's the blue digicam ones, right? I like the colors. Cool looking and somewhat original that they didn't go with green or brown camo.

I am sort of in the mixed feelings about it myself. I like the idea of Officers and Enlisted looking different. I guess it could grow on me, but chances are as pilot I will never end up really wearing it past OCS. <-- this is usually when I find out I am very wrong and I will end up wearing it all the time. :confused:

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Huh? The NWU is going to be prescribed for the same situations as wash khakis; therefore, if you'd never wear wash khakis past OCS, you'll never wear the NWU, either.
It's called watch dude. You don't wear the wash k's for it now, but you will be able to wear the digis.

nursesoon

Banned
, but chances are as pilot I will never end up really wearing it past OCS. <-- this is usually when I find out I am very wrong and I will end up wearing it all the time. :confused:
I assume navy nurses wear scrubs, if actually the case, I wont either. Scrubs are comfortable and have plentiful big pockets, so does this uniform, so I'm cool with either. I saw a picture of a navy nurse in khakies and it didn't seem very practical.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It's called watch dude. You don't wear the wash k's for it now, but you will be able to wear the digis.

What are you wearing for watch now? Since wash khakis are the only uniform going away, you'd probably still be able to wear whatever it is you're wearing.