• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Navy Ad...(well done!)

...sorry, no link yet...post it if you find it...

Wow! Best one I've seen yet.

Anyone else seen it?

It features the SEALS (duh.), HH-60H's, and then Hornets and more HH-60H footage...

Shows all this adn then cuts to a guy with the line, "And just think; Somewhere, some poor guy is buying a minivan."

...then cuts back to the SEALS/helos and jets.

Well made, good tune, and a hint of comedy...

BZ Navy ad guys/gals...

You got it right:D

jai5w4:icon_smil

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I have to say, it sounds like an AWESOME ad. I might just go and join the Navy.

B

Blutonski816

dude, that commercial's not that new... I've seen it a few times already...

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
how come navy commercials never show P-3's?

oh yeah... nevermind...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, definitely not a new commercial. Minivan line always makes me chuckle though.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
how come navy commercials never show P-3's?

oh yeah... nevermind...

'cause we're too cool for them. actually the first time I heard of P-3's I was talking to a winged ensign on OHARP who selected p-3's out of hawaii... he made it sound so cool... so all through flight school my choices were jets out of norfolk or p-3's out of hawaii. can't say i regret putting down p-3's as my first choice... though it's still cool to see f/a-18's coming in for the break.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just before 9/11 the Navy had a print feature that showed a F-14 being waved into the shuttle by a yellow shirt, steam blowing all over obscuring the aircraft behind the cockpit, little bit of the island visible. The caption was "Where will you be when the smoke clears?" Great picture, great line. We had big posters, mouse pads, and it appeared in magazines, until 9/11. Some gutless PC indoctrinated idiot thought it was in poor taste after the 9/11 attacks. It was dropped after less then a months of use and within a week of 9/11. I made sure I snagged a few mouse pads and posters.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah the Navy marketing guys have done well. I liked the aircraft carrier with the "life liberty and pursuit of all who threaten them"

USMC used to have great comercials but now they kinda suck. I miss the blacksmith sword one.

B

Blutonski816

Yeah the Navy marketing guys have done well. I liked the aircraft carrier with the "life liberty and pursuit of all who threaten them"

USMC used to have great comercials but now they kinda suck. I miss the blacksmith sword one.

I remember that one!! That was pretty cool...

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Yeah, the USMC is a bit lacking in the ads recently. I have learned quite a bit about their mission though...which, apparently, consists of climbing tall rock faces to fight lava monsters and evil chess pieces.