• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New layoff method

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Interesting method for layoffs.

It's amazing that the corporate world can't even take 10 minutes out of their time to do it in person.

"It was important to notify people as quickly as possible," she said. "They had 30 minutes to collect their thoughts, make phone calls and say goodbye to employees... "

You've got mail, about your layoff

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Unfortunetly in large organizations, theat's the way HR prefers to do it - it's not uncommon at all and reduces risk to the company

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Under your desk? Dude, you need to expand your horizons. Try above the light fixture in the elevators (that'll cook 'em), in ventilation ducts, etc...:D

MasterBates

Another classic.

Dec 23rd 1997.

Cleaning up my stuff before going home for Christmas at Pratt & Whitney. Boss comes by and hands me a letter, and says, "Thanks for your hard work this year".

Me, I think it is a Christmas Bonus, or at least a letter of appreciation.

Nope, pink slip.

hunter-gatherer

There's a woodpecker on your head Keanu
I don't think that is such a terrible way to lay someone off. The people were still able to get there stuff and it wasn't a total suprise. The employees were also compensated fairly based on the level of work they did.

One bad aspect would be the ability for one of the employees to plan a way to make the company pay if they were so inclined, like it was mentioned above.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dom Portwood: So um, Milton has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 22

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
I used to work for that skeeze-ball company. It was not surprising to me. Their HR management, which is done at the district level, is a cluster-fvck. The company is a revolving door. In the store that I was in there was only 6-8 people in the store, three of which are managers of some sort. The other 3 to five people were replaced almost every two months without fail, for "performance reasons." Except people can't perform without "training."

Turnover is such a problem that they have acknowledged it and have tried unsuccessfully to fix it.