• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New IP vs. Experienced IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

exo

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any gouge on possible differences between a new IP and an IP that has been around for awhile in Primary.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
New IP's tend to be a little more critical of the small shit, take forever on debrief, write longass gradesheets, and rarely deviate from MIF...

The BTDT IP's tend to teach what is important, grade what is necessary, get pissed at SHARP and grade out yer sheet with few comments, and get more done in a flight...

From my viewpoint...

Both are good, you see different techniques from EVERY IP...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
If you're from the Boston area I also hear they grade @ MIF throughout the entire syllabus.

PICKLE, while I got you in the same thread...it looks like your Cyclones are better than my Sooners.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any gouge on possible differences between a new IP and an IP that has been around for awhile in Primary.

I am curious too. What specifically are you wondering about?

If you are just trying to game the system...don't. Bottom line is if you know your stuff you will be fine with either.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If you're from the Boston area I also hear they grade @ MIF throughout the entire syllabus.

PICKLE, while I got you in the same thread...it looks like your Cyclones are better than my Sooners.

What, wait, what?! We suck...how bad is OU this year? We MAY get to .500 this year with some luck and a lot of injuries on the other team...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Newer IP's are generally more likely to take the controls away from a SNA quicker than an IP that's seen the manuever a few hundred times.
Older IP's can walk you through the grade card before the flight even happens and tell you where you are going to screw up; that is because there are some manuevers that every student screws up.

Like new HAC/PPC versus older HAC/PPC, when you're new, you tend to sweat minor issues more since you really don't know if something is minor or major when it first happens. Once you get some expirience under your belt, you begin to realize what is really important and what can be blown off.

Break Break

OUSooner, what does "@ MIF" mean? I'm from Boston and don't know what you're talking about.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
OUSooner, what does "@ MIF" mean? I'm from Boston and don't know what you're talking about.

MIF is part of the new grading system we got from the Air Force, no more belows and aboves. MIF is the minimum score on each line item required for a particular flight.

BTW are you an East Coast HS guy?

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
what does "@ MIF" mean?

A Multi-service Pilot Training Sytem (MPTS) term...Manuever Item File = the minimum grade to achieve by the end of the block of flights...it typically increases with each block until it gets to a 4 = good = Course Training Standard (CTS).

helolumpy

pilot
Contributor
BTW are you an East Coast HS guy?
Mostly....
HS-3 from 93-98
HS-10 from 98-00
CCG-8 (flew with HS-11) 98-00
HS-7 from 01-03 (For the record my pic is me jumping into the St. John's with HS-7 before I left. You'll notice that's a bit more than 10 feet... never trust an all JO crew when you're their Dept Head and you're jumping out of the aircraft.... below in headwork on my part, I guess!)
ESCU-1 (HS-10 EMIO) from 08-09

helolumpy

pilot
Contributor
A Multi-service Pilot Training Sytem (MPTS) term...Manuever Item File = the minimum grade to achieve by the end of the block of flights...it typically increases with each block until it gets to a 4 = good = Course Training Standard (CTS).

I'm getting to old to learn all this new sh!t... So @ MIF = Average???

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I'm getting to old to learn all this new sh!t... So @ MIF = Average???

Nope...more like the required proficiency at your current level. The CTS I referred to actually has a defined set of parameters to achieve for a specific manuever. MIF will start at Unable move to Fair then Good (=CTS) as you progress. Go to the back of (almost) any MCG on the CNATRA instructions web page and you can see them defined. I know it sounds like semantics but there is a difference

It isn't worth your time unless you go back to a VT/HT. Grab another beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.