• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new gun

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was thinking about buying a H&K USP 9mm. How well do you like yours? Any recommendations or warnings? Have you ever fired the compact version?
Kind of ... I have a USPC in .40 w/LEM trigger and P2000 V3 in .40 ..... I would get the P2000 V3 (I believe the only one sold in the US) over the USPC w/LEM trigger. The V3 has a typical "long" first "pull" and a subsequent short and very sweet single action trigger pull.

I've used the LEM and don't care for it as much --- don't know how to describe it other than to say it's similar to a "tight" Glock trigger -- no "spongy" feel. I'm back ordered with H&K for the "lighter" spring set to take the LEM trigger down to 4.5-6.5 lbs of pull.

Other than the two different triggers --- they are VERY similar and either would be on my short list of personal defense pistols.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Kind of ... I have a USPC in .40 w/LEM trigger and P2000 V3 in .40 ..... I would get the P2000 V3 (I believe the only one sold in the US) over the USPC w/LEM trigger. The V3 has a typical "long" first "pull" and a subsequent short and very sweet single action trigger pull.

I've used the LEM and don't care for it as much --- don't know how to describe it other than to say it's similar to a "tight" Glock trigger -- no "spongy" feel. I'm back ordered with H&K for the "lighter" spring set to take the LEM trigger down to 4.5-6.5 lbs of pull.

Other than the two different triggers --- they are VERY similar and either would be on my short list of personal defense pistols.

What A4s no HK P3000 yet?

p3000side.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can always let me hang on to it for you right across the border in the free state of AZ. It'll be safe in a climate controlled safe. :D

Be careful Brett, it's a trap. He just wants more guns!

stevew

I thought that the P3000 project was scrapped or at least has taken a back seat until the HK45 is in final production. From my understanding they are basically the same pistol only different calibres.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Ruger GP-100 4" stainless .357 Magnum is a pure joy to shoot. You can put .38 Special through it if you want, or shoot full power .357 Magnum loads, whatever suits your fancy.

I'm in the market for one now. Where do you normally buy from Fly?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm in the market for one now. Where do you normally buy from Fly?

Well, I'll give you a running history.

In MA I always, ALWAYS bought from Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn. They are without a doubt the best, most trustworthy gun store in the state that I'd been to.

In FL, I bought from Mike's Gun Shop in Pensacola. They were a little overpriced, but had a decent selection. I also went through Bay Pawn & Gold... the guy was professional and only charged $20 for FFL transfers. That's how I bought my M1 Garand via a dealer in TX.

In MS I bought through Vic's Pawn Shop in Meridian. This guy was absolutely professional, barely had a markup, and only $25 for a FFL transfer. He would get guns at dealer price from the factory or froma distribution middle-man and save me a bunch of money. Awesome guy.

I also have a Curio & Relic FFL so I can buy certain firearms across state lines and ship them to my doorstep.

I have not bought anything in CA as of yet. That's a pain in the a$$ ordeal.

So... if you found a gun online that you want to buy (private sale, auction arms, gun broker), find a FLL in the area who will give you a good transfer price (Over $30 is a ripoff). I used this webpage to find FFLs in my area:

http://www.auctionarms.com/help/FFLNetwork.cfm

As for a gun store... maybe Squeeze can help you out, he was in NC. That's hit or miss... I really don't like most gun stores... they'll rip you off in a heartbeat. Hard to find a good one.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I thought that the P3000 project was scrapped or at least has taken a back seat until the HK45 is in final production.

Evidently correct ... I was looking for a P3000 prior to the purchase of a P2000.... the armorer @ H&K told me not to hold my breath on the 3000. He said it wasn't gonna happen any time soon .... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
[slight course correction]

Speaking of "new" guns (?), these are what I've been purchasing and occupying myself with the past couple of weeks.

Top to bottom, left to right .... Colt Courier .22 LR (rare-only @ 3000 made), Colt Python, H&K P9S
Combat .45 ACP , Webley Mk VI .45 ACP, H&K P9S TARGET (pretty rare) .45 ACP, and last, but not least --- a USN marked Victory Model in .38 special :

[/course correction]

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Beautiful! I love the Python. My ex-roommate almost bought a P9. What a peculiar pistol. I REALLY want a Webley... I think it would look neat next to my Nagant revolver.

JIMMY

Very nice A4s.

I checked out a GP-100 in the store today and i LOVE the grip. Still trying to decide between the 4" and 6" though. Luckily they had both so I could compare. Gonna try the 4" at a shooting range later this week. (they dont have the 6":().

pretty sure im gonna go SS either way though. ($499)

-jP

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I'd love to have one of the HUGE Pythons, but I can never find one around here for a decent price. How much did you pay for that one, A4s?