• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New GI Bill

Boomer91

I wasn't an education advisor for my command or anything like that before I finsihed my enlistment. I feel that the GI Bill works similar to an insurance policy. Everyone pays in a low ball ammount, while the insurance company is taking a gamble that not everyone will have a car totaled or a house fire all in the same year. The same goes with the GI Bill. So many people either stay active duty, or get out and just start working. I wonder if congress is taking a bigger gamble here to boost recruitment, hoping that there wont be a sudden influx of J E's wanting to get out and take full advantage. Why wouldn't they?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Question on the bene's with this new GI Bill: It says O's are eligible for this, after our ROTC service obligation is up. With aviation designators, does that mean after my obligation after wings (around 2019 if I remember), or does this just mean the 4 years everyone is required to do, regardless of warfare community?

phrogpilot73

I would argue that it's after your initial (4 year or 5 year) commitment. After all, you've repaid your debt to society, right?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
After all, you've repaid your debt to society, right?

I'm going to have to go with a no. I'm pretty sure the tab keeps goin up. something about repeatedly offending good moral sense and judgment that a swo daddy CAPT complained a lot about.

incubus852

pilot
This does absolutely nothing to motivate the junior enlisted sailor or JO that is on the fence about staying in past his/her first hitch.

bullsh!t. i saw the check the navy cut each semester for me to go to college... with the way college tuition is going, even in my early twenties i've thought about how i'm gonna pay for my kids to go to college... guarantee other people have about it too.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
bullsh!t. i saw the check the navy cut each semester for me to go to college... with the way college tuition is going, even in my early twenties i've thought about how i'm gonna pay for my kids to go to college... guarantee other people have about it too.

I was referring to the new GI Bill not motivating first term guys to stay in...I think it will hurt retention. What was your point exactly? :confused:

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I was referring to the new GI Bill not motivating first term guys to stay in...I think it will hurt retention. What was your point exactly? :confused:

I think his point is that more guys may be willing to stay in for a longer period of time to have the chance to put their kids through school.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
A VA study on Hookers and Blow.

More like JP-8 for the C-26 utilized for a Congressional delegation on a fact-finding mission to Vegas to study hookers and blow.