• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Firearm Purchase

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
AIM Surplus is selling Fiocchi 7.62 Nagant for $28.95/50 rounds. This seems about typical. Surplus military ammo goes for cheaper and is obviously corrosive, though that's not a big deal at all, especially in a revolver.

I'm seeing .32 S&W Long for about $7/50 rounds. Much cheaper to shoot! You can buy replacement cylinders for the revolver to be able to shoot this cartridge. I just got to find one. I'll let you know how it goes.

I wonder if anyone makes reloading dies for 7.62 Nagant.

Editted to add: Yes, the Nagant revolver is C&R. Supposedly the ATF is adding some interesting items to the C&R list that have not been imported before. Not sure what... but that's what the rumor mill is saying. Good for us if it is true! I know Southern Ohio Gun is selling Walther P5s, which is pretty neat (not C&R though).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I sure am going to have Iron Curtain day at the range. I need to shoot my SKS, AK-47, and Nagant revolver.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
......... Supposedly the ATF is adding some interesting items to the C&R list that have not been imported before. Not sure what... but that's what the rumor mill is saying. Good for us if it is true! I know Southern Ohio Gun is selling Walther P5s, which is pretty neat (not C&R though).
Thanks for the info ..... New stuff, huh? Glad the Clintons are not running and staffing the ATF ..... remember that in 2008.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Thanks for the info ..... New stuff, huh? Glad the Clintons are not running and staffing the ATF ..... remember that in 2008.

Unfortunately the ATF just restricted imports of certain gun parts... the big thing being affected are AK-47, SKS, FAL, G3, etc parts. Barrels are the big one.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, did some research. The Nagant revolver will shoot .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Magnum cartridges AS IS. People tend to experience some leading and case swelling due to the cylinder design, but no failures or anything of the such. Seems to be pretty safe, people have been doing it for a while with no bad results.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Unfortunately the ATF just restricted imports of certain gun parts... the big thing being affected are AK-47, SKS, FAL, G3, etc parts. Barrels are the big one.
Well, that's just great. Forget what good ATF stuff I just said ... maybe too many Clinton left-overs .... but if there IS a market --- someone domestically will make the barrels. I betcha .... ???
Fly Navy said:
....did some research. The Nagant revolver will shoot .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Magnum cartridges AS IS
Sounds like .32 S&W Long ... no need for Magnums in an old revolver. The price you mentioned sounds like a no-brainer .... thanks.