• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS New C-130 Scrapped After Over Stress

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Story here:
Brand New AC-130 Ghostrider A Total Loss After Going Inverted While Out Of Control

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/brand-new-ac-130-ghostrider-a-total-loss-after-going-in-1743122173

1523571552519663909.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Horrible headline. They apparently struck the aircraft because of an over-G during OCF recovery. I don't think being inverted had much to do with it other than to justify using the cool inverted AC-130 pic in their story.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Horrible headline. They apparently struck the aircraft because of an over-G during OCF recovery. I don't think being inverted had much to do with it other than to justify using the cool inverted AC-130 pic in their story.

The worst part is that the pic is inverted, not the plane in it.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
OK...I just can't stand it anymore...what is the deal with the "42" and "58" jobs I keep seeing at AW? Usually it's regarding a percentage with reference to a question of "what are my chances of..." or something along those lines. So what the heck is the deal with the 42/58 gig? Is it some AW secret squirrel society thing? :D

Totally unrelated bonus pic from some layover motel several years ago...

image.jpeg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK...I just can't stand it anymore...what is the deal with the "42" and "58" jobs I keep seeing at AW? Usually it's regarding a percentage with reference to a question of "what are my chances of..." or something along those lines. So what the heck is the deal with the 42/58 gig? Is it some AW secret squirrel society thing? :D

You need to expand your reading material beyond helo mags and comic books and your movie watching habits beyond the PPV choices at your crew hotel. There are also a few places on the internets called Google and Wikipedia that could help you out.

If you do bother to actually check all the stuff I just delivered to you on a silver platter, or in your case a Dunkin' cup, make sure you take a selfie that shows your reaction to finally discovering what lies behind the green door of AW wisdom.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

Totally unrelated bonus pic from some layover motel several years ago...

View attachment 15290
The answer to your question is...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
If you do bother to actually check all the stuff I just delivered to you on a silver platter, or in your case a Dunkin' cup, make sure you take a selfie that shows your reaction to finally discovering what lies behind the green door of AW wisdom.

He doesn't need that reminder, flash... selfies are his new "thing".
;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He doesn't need that reminder, flash... selfies are his new "thing".
;)

Still waiting though, not surprising from a helo guy though who probably got lost doing his version of 'IFR' and decided to rest somewhere along the road after an arduous 1.4.