• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Bin Laden Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Godspeed said:
Osama was without a doubt trying to interfere with our elections. The best way to inferfere with anything, including elections, are with a terrorist strike. In my opinion, the video was released because he is uncapable of striking at the moment. This was all he could do to interfere with anything; produce a video. This comforts me because it means that our homeland security, president, intelligence community, and military, are all succeeding in their measures to protect this nation. Sounds like good news to me.

I don't know where I stand on that - I don't think that bin Laden really cares how the elections come out; his level of being-screwed-ness is really the same either way. I'm guessing that if he shifted exactly a thousand Kerry voters to Bush and exactly a thousand Bush voters to Kerry, he'd be happy because he had some kind of effect. And it looks like he's gotten what he wants - regardless of the outcome, it's less than twenty-four hours until the most important presidential election of many of our lifetimes and who are we talking about? Him.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Cate said:
I'm guessing that if he shifted exactly a thousand Kerry voters to Bush and exactly a thousand Bush voters to Kerry, he'd be happy because he had some kind of effect. And it looks like he's gotten what he wants - regardless of the outcome, it's less than twenty-four hours until the most important presidential election of many of our lifetimes and who are we talking about? Him.

Indeed Cate, he must feel very special. As would I if the most powerful nation in the world were after me like a heroin addict after a hypo. I think that he DOES care who wins the elections. In my personal, and very correct opinion, he would much rather have Kerry in office than Bush. This was indicated by numerous personal attacks on Bush during his video, and his negligence to equally attack Kerry.
I think that Osama's desires for Kerry to be president are both of a political, and sexual nature. j\k. Kerry seems to be more focused on the opinion's and support of other nations prior to conflict, and Bush has a more independent, harsh approach to dealing with problems. I believe that Kerry's desire for international support would stall our efforts in dealing with terrorist cells harbored in other countries. Therefore, if I were a terrorist, I would definitely vote for Kerry and Edwards. The point I am trying to make is that I firmly believe that Osama was trying to win votes for Kerry rather than just affect the elections in any way, manner, shape or form.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Godspeed said:
Therefore, if I were a terrorist, I would definitely vote for Kerry and Edwards. The point I am trying to make is that I firmly believe that Osama was trying to win votes for Kerry rather than just affect the elections in any way, manner, shape or form.

Is there seriously a Bush voter out there who is going to look at that video and say, "Well, golldung, that Usama feller says that Bush ain't as great as I been done thinkin', what with national security and whatnot. I'ma vote for Kerry after all, a-'cause Usama says so." That's not going to happen, and bin Laden, evil as he is, isn't so stupid that he thinks that's going to happen. Ted Koppel said the other night that it's the ultimate chump move to let bin Laden influence your vote either way, and no matter how you feel about Koppel, you've got to agree with him on that.

I think that bin Laden is just playing to his own base. He's sent out a video that people argue could influence the election, and at this point, the blaze-of-glorier his death is, the more likely it is to encourage his followers. I'm thinking that the best thing from our perspective would be to pick him up, give him a trial at which he would be found guilty (I mean, he's confessed on video), and then arrange some sort of unglorious death by anal electocution or the like. Regardless, the fact that he's still news- and Internet-discussion-worthy means that, by even acknowledging his influence, we're playing his game.

Godspeed

pilot
Cate said:
Is there seriously a Bush voter out there who is going to look at that video and say, "Well, golldung, that Usama feller says that Bush ain't as great as I been done thinkin', what with national security and whatnot. I'ma vote for Kerry after all, a-'cause Usama says so." That's not going to happen, and bin Laden, evil as he is, isn't so stupid that he thinks that's going to happen.

I somewhat agree with what you are trying to say. But, I don't think it is even remotely possible understand his level of intelligence, frame of mind, motives, or reasoning ability.

I don't think that very many people will be influenced to vote differently by Osama's video, but I certainly think that Osama feels that it will change peoples' minds.

One way or another Cate, I agree. This son of a bitc* is long overdue for his meeting with "Allah."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not that it would do anything anyway at this point. People's minds are pretty much made up. As much as I'd love to see him trotted out on TV, I think I'll just settle for another prediction gone bad for the tinfoil-hatted conspiracy theorist set . . .

bmcnamara

From reports I've heard today, bin laden has even gone as far as to tell states that if they elect Kerry he will consider that an act of peace, but electing President Bush would be an act of war. Sounds like an endorsement to Kerry for me.

I do agree though, talking about him is what he wants. He probably thinks that the more we talk, the more influence he will have on the uninformed around us, and, they may be the ones to switch their vote. Believe it or not, this close to election day, there are still undecided voters out there and by bin laden playing the terror card to help Kerry, a small number of votes may be swayed towards Kerry.

Godspeed

pilot
Hehe, mudslinging is such a fine form of art. I just cant wait until bush win's the elections tonight. This way when I sit down to get my daily dose of the Oprah Winfrey show I don't have to put up with Kerry ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.