• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Atronauts...also known as Astronauts

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Another helo pilot? Awesome! There's still hope.
The astro-IKE is an F/A-18E flyer.

I did notice one of the women is an OH-58 pilot, but the Army doesn't have fast movers, and I'm sure there is some quota-like consideration to pull at least one person from each service.

Renegade One

None
http://www.nasa.gov/astronauts/2013astroclass.html
I guess NASA still values TPS grads...........there maybe hope after all, but I'm not holding my breath.
Seems like no real "piloting skills" required for the foreseeable/funded future…ride up…float around doing science stuff…eat some…sleep some…take a crap in a small head…get your picture taken...ride down. So easy a RIO could do it! ;)

Lawman

None
The astro-IKE is an F/A-18E flyer.

I did notice one of the women is an OH-58 pilot, but the Army doesn't have fast movers, and I'm sure there is some quota-like consideration to pull at least one person from each service.

Unless she was one of the officers we have sent to the experimental test pilot course at PAX River.

But yeah I mean helicopters just fly themselves, no skill involved or anything.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Looks like the odds of becoming an astronaut are much better for females. Just sayin' . . .

Renegade One

None
Looks like the odds of becoming an astronaut are much better for females. Just sayin' . . .
"The Force is STRONG in this one!"
Yeah…there may be just a tinge of PC in this, but let's just genuflect to "best qualified" and get on with the Plan of the Day. I think we're supposed to be purging the spaces of ELLE, VOGUE and MAXIM magazines this week.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I hope the ISS is getting inspected for unprofessional material this week. All Maxims must be shot out of the airlock into space.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
"The Force is STRONG in this one!"
Yeah…there may be just a tinge of PC in this, but let's just genuflect to "best qualified" and get on with the Plan of the Day. I think we're supposed to be purging the spaces of ELLE, VOGUE and MAXIM magazines this week.

Heard an interview w/ a member of the selection board. Member was asked about that very topic, and insisted gender was not a factor - just in case anyone finds it difficult carrying on w/ the POD.