• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
The WW2 movie “Wing and a Prayer” just appeared on youtube- looks interesting.

Trailer:

Complete movie:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Perhaps the biggest TV movie of the 1980’s premiered on this date 40 years ago 20 Nov 1983: The Day After. Some reports said that the movie had an effect on Reagan and Gorbachev. If you haven’t seen it, it is on YouTube and certainly worth a watch.

GroundPounder

Perhaps the biggest TV movie of the 1980’s premiered on this date 40 years ago 20 Nov 1983: The Day After. Some reports said that the movie had an effect on Reagan and Gorbachev. If you haven’t seen it, it is on YouTube and certainly worth a watch.

https://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/nov/14/fallout_from_the/

It's was a real thing thing to just take it for granted that eventually things were going to go south, and a nuclear war would be the result. The movie was filmed in large part in Lawrence, Kansas which was about 70 miles from where I lived, and would go to KU 2 years later. The show was quite impactful, especially given that I recognized a lot of the locations.

Obviously you knew it was fiction, but it was structured in a way that it was easy to believe that real life could play out that way.

I've not seen it since 1983, and don't know how it holds up, but at the time it was a well done tv movie.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
https://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/nov/14/fallout_from_the/

It's was a real thing thing to just take it for granted that eventually things were going to go south, and a nuclear war would be the result. The movie was filmed in large part in Lawrence, Kansas which was about 70 miles from where I lived, and would go to KU 2 years later. The show was quite impactful, especially given that I recognized a lot of the locations.

Obviously you knew it was fiction, but it was structured in a way that it was easy to believe that real life could play out that way.

I've not seen it since 1983, and don't know how it holds up, but at the time it was a well done tv movie.
I was born in KS, bc my dad was a missileer on a Titan II SAC base. Saw the movie as a young lad, and it was fairly horrifying.

I believe they spliced in actual AF produced video of how shit would go down on an EC-135 if there were a Soviet launch.

Mos

None
Saw Napoleon. Very beautifully shot film with a few good battle scenes, but mostly form over substance.

Mos

None
Did you think it was worth paying the premium to see in large format/IMAX?
Personally, I didn't think the IMAX showing that I saw was much more visually impressive than watching it on my ten year old HD TV at home. I'm not a big fan of movie theaters in general, so YMMV.