• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Opinions/Ideas/Input quickly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Ok, I get a call from my recruiter today and because of the war and the fact that money is super, super tight, people going throug OCS can no longer be designated SWO-EDO (all 4 or 5 of us for this year). I am very frustrated, but I understand that nothing is ever guarenteed, so I'm trying to make the best decision from the options I have now. I have to be redesignated and have to decide very, very quickly (as in a few days) what I want to do. I can go straight SWO, with no guarentee that I will ever be picked up for EDO. I really enjoy engineering, working in the engine room, and the EDO community as a whole (it's small, close knit, etc.). Honestly, I do not beleive that I would enjoy a career (at this point, I plan on staying in for at least 20 years) as a straight SWO, but then again, I don't know how difficult it is to get to engineering from SWO after you do all of your basic stuff (your differnt tours, your pin, SWO school, etc.) With SWO-EDO, I would do my first DIVO tour, SWOS, my complete DIVO tour, and then go on to my EDO school. My other two options are Intel or Crypto, which both seem interesting (the schools, the smaller communities, etc. all appeal to me) but, for obvious reasons, I haven't been able to find out much about them. I have been looking around alot on the internet and I would really appreciate any ideas/advice/input/etc. that anyone might have. Thanks!!!!!

-Erin Leigh

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I think that anybody who actually WANTS to, not only be a SWO, but an EDO, should either be commissioned on the spot or have their head evaluated. Wow.

Go crypto, if you like engineering so much, all of that logical wierdness should appeal to you as well...and, like an EDO, you'd never see the light of day...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I'm at White Sands Missile Range and one of our officers went EDO from SWO. As far as how easy it is I don't know for certain.

FC1(SW) Dohnal

Status
Not open for further replies.