• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Need Naval aviation advice and info.

AVI8-NAVIG8

Hey everyone, I am common lurker here in the group and have been wanting to become a naval aviator for quite some time now and I want to fly in the navy. I also currently have a ppl with 100 hours working towards instrument. I do have some questions though as to where I am at currently and what I need to be doing. I’m currently in my sophomore year of college and have a 3.8 gpa. What should I be doing at this time to set myself up for getting the pilot slot? I’m wanting to commission through OCS. I see lots of talks about people taking certain test here and I don’t know when I need to be taking certain test, or when I should reach out to an officer recruiter. My only other question is in relation to my eyesight. I have 20/40 uncorrected in both eyes with -.5 sphere right eye, -1.75 cylinder right eye, and 005 Axis right eye. My left eye I have -1.00 sphere, -.25 cylinder, and 008 Axis. From a Google search I am told that I can’t have worse than 20/40 uncorrected in either eye or it will disqualify me, but when I read https://www.med.navy.mil/Portals/62...dards_210128.pdf?ver=220zgsVdM5ZT2VR9llBScA==

I don’t get where that answer is coming from.
Any help on any of my concerns or questions at all would be incredibly helpful, thank you!!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
What thread would that be so I can post it there?
Sigh….I’ll give you a hand shipmate.

For eye issues go here…

As for contacting an Officer recruiter, do it now. I’m far too old to know how often you can take the necessary test, but I do know you can take them more than once. For test questions and ideas look here…

Beyond that there are lots of conversations here about OCS, flight school, and so on - just type in a search. Last bit of advice…take it one step at a time. Contact an officer recruiter…get a good grade on the tests…pass your physical…get selected for OCS…finish OCS…get through flight school…then worry about what you’ll fly and where.

Best of luck.