• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEED HELP: Got pics? links? best threads?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I am in the home stretch of completing work on a new website front end/portal (yeah yeah, been working on it for the last 2 years off and on)... Basically a compilation of the best threads here on the forum into a content management system (article display with tie ins to forum thread data display). This is a result of my continuing frustration with how difficult this site is to find information for the new user, and hopefully my work has paid off. It sucks to say to the new user: "use the search function!", and would be easier to point them to an area of articles and faqs..

For those of you that HATE change, the current forum color style and "home" page will still be available as a legacy option. The forum software WILL NOT be changing. Outside of an update to vbulletin forum 3.6.8, no features will be lost...

I am planning on rolling it out for demo with a select group in the next 2 weeks. If you are interested in QAing it, browsing the new site and looking for errors, shoot me a PM and I will add you to the list.

But for now, I am looking for help on a couple items.

GOT PICS? of any good aircraft, fleet or training photos than anyone has? Particularly, I am looking for:

- Training aircraft photos
- Dunker
- Cool military pics

GOT LINKS? are they are any links, websites that have helped you out in training that want to pass on to others? (such as Navygouge.com, etc)

BEST THREADS? are there any really informative posts/threads that helped you out, or you think would be useful to the new user?

You can fire them to me at admin@airwarriors.com or post them here as attachments.

Really appreciate it,

John

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
How about a "history of AW" page, with links to the "knowledges" thread, various fakers outed, etc. etc. Also, how about breaking down the FAQ page into stages - like go here if you're looking to become an officer, there if you're an SNA, this page if you've got wings, etc, but broken down from those big groups into links for smaller subgroups.

Also, attached are the best pictures from the cruises I've been on this past year along with some from the VTs. They've been resized to 640x480, but most of the originals are 10 MP. The boat just doesn't have the bandwidth for that.

Attachments

• 070412-N-7945K-087.jpg
    070412-N-7945K-087.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 070412-N-7945K-050.jpg
    070412-N-7945K-050.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2314.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 108

gaetabob

pilot
I've got a ton of pics I took of the t-34 when I was studying up systems and fam 0. I've got all kinds of angles and close-ups of the various systems, especially engine, landing gear, etc. If there is anything in particular you might need, send me a message and I'll send 'em your way. I've also got a couple weeks before I class up for advance here at Corpus, so if there are any other photos you want snapped, let me know.

Another good gouge site, especially for T-44's and TC-12's is www.baseops.net

Also has some good links for RI related materials.

Attachments

• flightline sunset.JPG
    flightline sunset.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 94
  • lasalle2.jpg
    lasalle2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 110

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Be more than glad to help. Unlike A4s, I like change (when warranted). I'll be looking for pictures and taking some if desired. Cheers, HJ

squorch2

pilot
more pictures, because the innanets keep losing them

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 80
  • PICT0220.jpg
    PICT0220.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 82

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Perhaps this has already been thought of, but how about a listing of the different platforms with their respective pro's and con's? I for one would love to know that for the P-3/EP-3 community. All that I hear from my fellow IUT/IP brethren is that they suck. I know John has a good post on here (somewhere) that sums up why some hate it and some enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_0255_2.JPG
    IMG_0255_2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • Kodak_0170.JPG
    Kodak_0170.JPG
    880.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Kodak_0130.JPG
    Kodak_0130.JPG
    690.7 KB · Views: 76

squorch2

pilot
last one

Attachments

• IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 38
  • PICT0259.jpg
    PICT0259.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 59
  • PICT0319.jpg
    PICT0319.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 60

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Harrier Pics

Here are some pics from my time at Bagram Air Base:
High+Power+NVG.JPG
SkyHarrier.jpg

FaceOff.jpg
OOPS.jpg

Power.jpg

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
That's a cool flashlight holder.
Yeh that was one of those moments in time that you just want to crawl into a hole and cry. Luckily we were able to blend a few blades and press on with the mission. The funny thing was the the entire compressor assembly was dead stuck in place, we had to saw the flashlight into about 13 pieces in order to remove it from the mouth of the mighty Pegasus.