• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy vs Marine gouge

vincentjus

Are there separate gouges for the Navy and Marines? I have the one for the Marines with the F-18. If there's one that's Navy specific I haven't found it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
For the ASTB, the gouge is identical, since both Marine and Navy OC applicants both take the ASTB.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Just stick to the recs in the other threads and you'll be okay. If you find a new source, then post it.

vincentjus

The rundown: I have a BA in history and a pilots license already. I'm prior enlisted also (IT2) I'm in a public flight school right now and my grades have been near perfect so far. I took the ASTB last month and got 6/7/7 45. Am I correct in assuming I should take it again to be more competitive? The recruiter said over 50 is competitive.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
If your gouge doesn't have the FA-18 in it, you are probably behind the power curve.