• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Versus Airforce Who is truely better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
Just to add to the Discussion, is it true that Navy Pilots have more responsibility over Enlisted Men and Women than Air Force Pilots?

If that's true, I guess a prospective Officer would have to ask themselves if they wanted to have leadership responsibilities as a Junior Officer.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Yes. Got that straight from my last boss (AF O-6, EWO). Had no "real" supervision over enlisted troopers until his command tour as an O-5, and he flew multiple platforms and had definitely been around the block.

kendallbea183

my point...

My point is, if i were to become a military pilot, of a fighter jet, who gets to do more with that jet, who are the ones that the book tells them what they cant do, and who are the ones that the book tells them what they can?

kendallbea183

ANd my all means, i am not going to be a pilot because i think i would get a good rep. i want to be a pilot, beacuse it interests m eabove all other things, and i would love to fly the worlds top notch air craft.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PLEASE .... stop the insanity.

Who's better??? AF or Navy??? Come on, guys ....

One of my GUN-stage instructors @ VT-4 was an AF exchange pilot ... Capt. Salome ... an AF F-4 driver in Vietnam .... a legend in VT-4 and in his own mind ... a hard ass ... a Nazi ..... he wore jackboots to fly ... I kid you not .... jackboots .... and he was my Gun Instructor!!! :eek::eek::eek:

He clearly and without equivocation stated to all of us STUDs in a 40-man "welcome aboard to where you are going to become Naval Aviators or get dropped from the program" brief:

"I am here to tell all of you that I WISH THE AIR FORCE HAD TRAINING LIKE THIS ... !!!! It doesn't and it makes me sick .... "

He was talking about Guns and CQ ... then the staple of VT-4.

Any questions .... ??? :)

hscs

pilot
"The hottest girl in the bar wants to meet the Naval Aviator. That bar is in Singapore."

What bar is that -- the one with the four floors of wh-----.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My point is, if i were to become a military pilot, of a fighter jet, who gets to do more with that jet, who are the ones that the book tells them what they cant do, and who are the ones that the book tells them what they can?

Don't get bogged down in the differing philosophies. In both services, there are a million rules and limitations you must abide by when operating your aircraft. It's not a matter of doing more or less with the jet, just a corporate cultural thing. Seriously, read what Lonestar has posted. That gives you a good picture of the differences between the services.

Brett

kendallbea183

whos the top pilot? an af pilot or navy? if both were put into a dog fight and both had exact same wep's and fighters, who would win the dog fight?

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Whoever is better. Not trying to be an a$$hole, but pilots in both services have the opportunity to excel. Sometimes the Navy guy wins, sometimes the AF guy wins.

No one is going to sit here and tell say something like "OOoooh, you want to be a good pilot? Why didn't you say so? In that case, join X service." The differences are a little more subtle than that. It's about the quality of life, not the quality of the pilots. Again, Lonestar's post sounds like an excellent overview of the major differences between the services (even if it's a little navy-biased :D ).

EDIT: Of course, I don't really know what I'm talking about!!! Listen to A4s!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Why are ANY of you who do NOT have your Wings even commenting on "who is better" ... ???

Please fill in the blank ____________

Status
Not open for further replies.