• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Srvce Selection Rejection - Soon to be ensign

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneffets02

To all~

I was rejected from initial service selection for no apparent reason (still researching). I am currently a senior midshipman with a 3.0 GPA, 5 and 6's on the ASTB and many leadership positions in the ROTC. UNFORTUNALTY, I was not accepted and sent to SWO instead. Is there any sort of process or appeal that I can issue to change this service selection decision? Is CNET’s appointment to SWO final? Who do I talk to? What are other options? Congressmen? Who?

Thanks for the input and any response you don’t want to post send to msteffen@vt.edu .

Sneffets02

sneffets02

Unfortunately
boggled_125.gif

ghost_ttu

I know the Air Force will let you submit a package for pilot training as an active duty officer. I don't know if the Navy will do the same.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

kaiangel

You are subject to needs of the Navy. This year it was harder to get pilot. All you can do is apply for conversion after first tour.

Phiman

Man, please tell me that Service Selection will be easier for us ROTC kids next October. What was the deal with this years, was it a lot harder? Are more mids not getting their aviation choices? Crossing my fingers. Thanks.

Paul Burke

Being ROTC you already know that there are no guarantees as to what you get. Yeah, they try and get you into what you want but it's the needs of the Navy that rule ultimately. Besides, what's wrong with SWO?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
phiman, each of the commissioning sources have their own pool, academy has X number of slots, NROTC has X, and OCS has X... ea6bflyr could probably go more into depth on that... so, no, that really isn't the answer. What you are seeing is the effect of two factors, 1) a whole bunch of pilots decided to not get out, ie the airlines weren't hiring, and 2) a surge in the # of people applying to serve their country. They still need fresh bodies coming in the front door, so keep applying for those that are having difficulties going through the OCS route. For the NROTC guys, keep up the good grades and attitude, and hope for the best in service selection...

Paul, hmmm, what is wrong with SWO? Oh geez, don't get me started!
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.