• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy SAR Swimmer school

stealthmedic

Since they killed that kid, DOR is now an option. High Risk Training

It's a physically demanding school. The tricky part is you will attend a bunch of much less physical schools before reporting to ARSS (Aviation Rescue Swimmer School). Try to get some workouts in and keep your performance level up as high as you can without neglecting your studies. You should be fine though, because you will attend NACCS (Naval Aircrewman Candidate School) just prior to attending ARSS. During your training at NACCS you will PT everyday.

At this point all I can tell you (I am a graduate, Class 9318) is to listen to Hozer, highside, and riptide. They are right on. It's not easy but there's a reason for that!

MCraider09- You picked an excellent rating, it is an absolute BLAST!

Navy12- You are lacking seriously in the leadership department.

Since they killed that kid, DOR is now an option. High Risk Training.

Are you talking about the one in 1984? I was in the class after that - we almost had a similar incident in our class - guy wanted to get out of the pool, two instructors in the water holding him in the one on the side not letting him out - so he finished the day - the next morning during our run he jammed his foot into a pothole and snapped his ankle - I guess he really wanted out - to me SAR was a blast

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hello,
I'm a proud "West Coast SAR School" graduate from HC-1s school back in 1983 before the program got totally jacked up for a few years after the Mirecki debacle.

I'd just like to point out that '83 was a great year.......I was born that year :)

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
I'd just like to point out that '83 was a great year.......I was born that year :)

Ouch! And, MCAS was NAS back then too...And, they still had F-4s when I was stationed in Hawaii at MCAS...