• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserves Intelligence Reserve Program

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling.

belushi.jpg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just out of curiosity here, what is the deal with Germany. I understand why Chinese nationals as spouses can be considered not a good thing, but why German?

I picked Germans at random. The rule is no foreign national spouses, family or associates. Germans qualify as foreign nationals. Why did DOD make such a broad sweep? Again, I believe it is as much about the extra work to get a guy a clearance as anything else. The back log of clearances is ridiculous. Why spend the time and money checking on someone's relatives in Europe when the priority is on things like Arabic speakers, Farsi, and Chinese? It isn't like we are hurting for Intel and IW applicants for OCS. If we turn a few dozen away under this directive, they will be replaced very shortly by another couple dozen. With the time saved on investigations for the guys who fall for the girls from Australia and Vancouver, investigators can work thoroughly on the few folks that are considered national security priorities.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I picked Germans at random. The rule is no foreign national spouses, family or associates. Germans qualify as foreign nationals. Why did DOD make such a broad sweep? Again, I believe it is as much about the extra work to get a guy a clearance as anything else. The back log of clearances is ridiculous. Why spend the time and money checking on someone's relatives in Europe when the priority is on things like Arabic speakers, Farsi, and Chinese? It isn't like we are hurting for Intel and IW applicants for OCS. If we turn a few dozen away under this directive, they will be replaced very shortly by another couple dozen. With the time saved on investigations for the guys who fall for the girls from Australia and Vancouver, investigators can work thoroughly on the few folks that are considered national security priorities.

Heeeyyyyyy, I resemble that!!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heeeyyyyyy, I resemble that!!

I thought so. :D I didn't pick Australia and Vancouver (notice I didn't say Canadian) at random. Aren't you glad the directive has exceptions for folks with active clearances?