• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserves DCO - Engineer

Achonggta

Hello,

I did a bit of research and I did find that I might qualify for a Direct Commission in the CEC with a masters degree in engineering plus 6 years of engineering experience. What I couldn’t really find is that, do DCO candidates still take the ASTB (so I can prepare for that), and what happens after ODS? Do I go back to the reserve unit and to wait until I get go to CEC school? What is the expected gap in between? So I can plan ahead with family/employer. Since CEC is 15 weeks.

Thank you

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello,

I did a bit of research and I did find that I might qualify for a Direct Commission in the CEC with a masters degree in engineering plus 6 years of engineering experience. What I couldn’t really find is that, do DCO candidates still take the ASTB (so I can prepare for that), and what happens after ODS? Do I go back to the reserve unit and to wait until I get go to CEC school? What is the expected gap in between? So I can plan ahead with family/employer. Since CEC is 15 weeks.

Thank you

Reach out to a local reserve recruiter to see if you qualify ("engineering" experience can be so broad). They can also field some more of the specific "timeline" questions you may have.