• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
IMHO, doing it this way -- negotiating that the Sailor bypass the ADSEP board -- is a time saver to get to the same result. I've seen the same for folks who pop positive for a second time (i.e., the first time they popped positive the ADSEP board found no basis for discharge and Sailor continued to serve).
The fact that 2/3 of a senior enlisted, junior officer, and mid-grade officer can ever come to this conclusion makes me weep for our future.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Contractual stipulations is certainly a possibility, although I think the “good steward” part is a little naive. I’d like to think government officials consider tax dollars carefully but, in my experience, they don’t (unless I’m trying to stay in a hotel in the good part of town). Contracts can also be changed during the execution phase, and the cost of one label vs another should not be significant. In addition, the FDA approval wasn’t a surprise, so why the slow-roll in response?

If a contract limitation the case (or whatever the real reason for the discrepancy) the appropriate official should just SAY that, and not expect people to blindly fall in line. Treat people like adults, and they’ll tend to act the part more often than when treated like children.
Contracts can be modified but changing the scope of the work will require extra money to do the additional tasks. Also many of these doses have probably left the control of Pfizer so someone else would have to do it. But we're probably talking about MILLIONS of stickers (probably one for the bottle and one for the box too?) so it's not just a few extra minutes of someones time. As you likely know as a CTR, CTR folks can't do charge to the contract for work not stipulated by said contract. And then it'd be on Pfizer to do it out of their overhead.

It's also highly probable that several logical and completely sane individuals decided "why bother to relabel them? Why would that matter?" But since they were logical and sane they missed all the batshit reasons

Hair Warrior

Contributor

Phrased another way, this title reads “Researchers Still Probing Links Between Covid-19 Vaccines and Myocarditis.”

Ergo, researchers still don’t know why these novel mRNA shots are causing statistically observable numbers of heart inflammation conditions.

Ergo, organizations are mandating shots that the medical world admits they don’t really have a good handle on understanding the short term (let alone long term) health side effects.

White wash it all you want, and vaccine-shame all you want, but that is the state of the medical research (by doctors, not air warriors), and that is the WSJ headline.

Pags

N/A
pilot
View attachment 33427

Phrased another way, this title reads “Researchers Still Probing Links Between Covid-19 Vaccines and Myocarditis.”

Ergo, researchers still don’t know why these novel mRNA shots are causing statistically observable numbers of heart inflammation conditions.

Ergo, organizations are mandating shots that the medical world admits they don’t really have a good handle on understanding the short term (let alone long term) health side effects.

White wash it all you want, and vaccine-shame all you want, but that is the state of the medical research (by doctors, not air warriors), and that is the WSJ headline.
The medical world has a very good handle on this issue. They're aware of it and know how to treat it and have assessed that the occurrence and risk of this condition is outweighed by the benefits. That they don't know why it's happening is an interesting problem to attempt to fix in the next vaccine.

I assume since you haven't posted about losing your job that you've gotten a shot. In which case is this a case of buyers remorse or you thinking that you're sticking somehow sticking up for those who don't want the shot? If the former, you should talk to a doc and take a break from doom scrolling and maybe reset your algorithms. If the latter, who cares? Let other adults make their decisions and live with the consequences. At this point you have to kind of admire the courage of those who have just said "no." At least they're standing by their convictions instead of trying to sea lawyer their way out of this with increasingly flimsy pretenses. Or get a good lawyer and take your chances that mandates won't hold up in court (which I think is unlikely).

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The medical world has a very good handle on this issue. They're aware of it and know how to treat it and have assessed that the occurrence and risk of this condition is outweighed by the benefits. That they don't know why it's happening is an interesting problem to attempt to fix in the next vaccine.

I assume since you haven't posted about losing your job that you've gotten a shot. In which case is this a case of buyers remorse or you thinking that you're sticking somehow sticking up for those who don't want the shot? If the former, you should talk to a doc and take a break from doom scrolling and maybe reset your algorithms. If the latter, who cares? Let other adults make their decisions and live with the consequences. At this point you have to kind of admire the courage of those who have just said "no." At least they're standing by their convictions instead of trying to sea lawyer their way out of this with increasingly flimsy pretenses. Or get a good lawyer and take your chances that mandates won't hold up in court (which I think is unlikely).
No. It’s because I stick up for my employees and my sailors. I don’t write them off or “admire them” from afar while ignoring my duty to carry their viewpoints up the chain, or stick up for them when they can’t stick up for themselves because they’ve been canceled, written off, or shamed away by people like you. It’s also because bullshit overreach like this - if not nipped in the bud early - can actually make my life and all our lives worse in the long run. The holier-than-thou or who-cares-fuckem attitudes I’ve seen around here are disgusting. If you can’t tolerate someone else having a different opinion or viewpoint than you, maybe rethink the first amendment.

taxi1

pilot

Pags

N/A
pilot
No. It’s because I stick up for my employees and my sailors. I don’t write them off or “admire them” from afar while ignoring my duty to carry their viewpoints up the chain, or stick up for them when they can’t stick up for themselves because they’ve been canceled, written off, or shamed away by people like you. It’s also because bullshit overreach like this - if not nipped in the bud early - can actually make my life and all our lives worse in the long run. The holier-than-thou or who-cares-fuckem attitudes I’ve seen around here are disgusting. If you can’t tolerate someone else having a different opinion or viewpoint than you, maybe rethink the first amendment.
My teammates are allowed to apply for religious or medical exemptions as set forth by an agency that has been incredibly understanding and empathetic towards their concerns. They are given ample resources via access to medical and religious professionals to help them make their decisions. I don't think that cherry picking random articles that fit a preselected viewpoint or trying to sea lawyer a mandate will help them nor do I think that the agency would respond to that. I can make the biggest difference by offering to get them to the resources to answer their questions and to help them make the informed decision that is the best for them. If a teammate decides to not get comply come Monday I'll be upset at the loss of them on the team and I will respect their decision. But it's not my job to steer their decision one way or another. They're adults and they can make their own decisions. I have no disrespect for those who make their own decisions and people are certainly allowed to do so. I'd like that people make informed decisions off of the best data available for such an impactful decision. But I'm not going to help them make excuses. If after becoming informed they are certainly able to apply for an exemption or engage a lawyer as is their right.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The state of medical research is that infection has a 6x rate of myocarditis over the vaccine.
That's not the message being transmitted by Dr. Fauci, President Biden, et. al. The message being transmitted is that the vaccine is 100% safe, and anyone who questions this is a batshit crazy anti-vax conspiracy theorist.

Do you not see how this is counter-productive?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
For the specific case of the Pfizer dose my understanding is that the only difference is the sticker and what the FDA approval paperwork says. Now, I haven't seen the formal FDA paperwork so perhaps it draws the line between the two different stickers or the fact that what's in each bottle is the same. Or it says that the old bottles are chemically equivalent and are an approved substitute.

The big difference is liability. Vaccine distributed under the EUA label and name are exempt the manufacturer from liability. Once they put the approved name and label, they are open to liability lawsuits. My friend the pharmaceutical company executive in Florida says this is why Pfizer is still distributing their vaccine under the EUA instead of using the approved name and label.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The fact that 2/3 of a senior enlisted, junior officer, and mid-grade officer can ever come to this conclusion makes me weep for our future.

Agreed. Once it’s established a sailor has willfully violated the Navy’s drug policy, there is really only one correct decision.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The big difference is liability. Vaccine distributed under the EUA label and name are exempt the manufacturer from liability. Once they put the approved name and label, they are open to liability lawsuits. My friend the pharmaceutical company executive in Florida says this is why Pfizer is still distributing their vaccine under the EUA instead of using the approved name and label.

That the government is OK with that is concerning to me. A lot of these things seem like they could have been sorted out by now, and it eats away at public confidence that they haven’t been. The results are widely apparent.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Agreed. Once it’s established a sailor has willfully violated the Navy’s drug policy, there is really only one correct decision.
What gets me is that the threshold for proof is supposed to be a preponderance of evidence. Yes, you could argue that there is reason to doubt the results of the drug test, which is why these cases almost never go to court martial. You cannot reasonably argue that the odds that the drug test is accurate is only 49%.