• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

SlickAg

pilot
As I’ve said repeatedly, if motorcycle deaths and injuries or suicides could be greatly reduced with a two-shot series, I’d hope that would be supported or mandated as well.

Until then:
To date, 73 service members have died. Of those, 71 were completely unvaccinated, Pentagon spokesman Army Maj. Charlie Dietz said on Wednesday, and two had received the first of a two-dose regimen.
It’s easier than shots. You just don’t allow either. Mandate it. Because mandates work. Problem solved.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Whatever happened to decisions having consequences, personal responsibility, voting with your feet, and no victim mentality?

No one is holding people down and making them get the shot. People are still free to make decisions as they see fit. There's just ramifications for those decisions.

Also sure seems like a lot of folks who are arguing against a mandate have in fact gotten their shots and already decided that, for whatever reason (continued employment, personal safety, safety of others, civic duty), it makes sense to get it. So why spend so much time worrying over decisions that other people are free to make when so many of you purport to be all about responsibility and no victim mentality?

Pags

N/A
pilot
What about my saying "home schooling" makes you want to completely ignore those two words? Or completely "miss out" on my saying there were options for still getting an education if you don't get school mandated vaccines?

You can always get an education through home schooling. You can't print money at home when a government mandate affects your job.

Private schools don't all require vaccinations, especially COVID vaccinations. As for non-COVID vaccinations, I know there is at least one somewhere in the Virginia Beach area that doesn't because my friend's anti-vax cousin sends her kids to it. Anti-vax for religious reasons, basically refusing any vaccine unless it can be proved no stem cell research involved in any way as the stem cells probably came from aborted babies. She and her husband consider even the older vaccines from before stem cell research to probably be contaminated due modern product techniques, modern stabilizing agents, etc. Intellectually they know they are putting their kids at risk but they thinks there is a greater risk pissing off God. Yes I consider it to be a stupid risk but I support their right to make the choice. (And hopefully the kids are okay until old enough to make medical choices for themselves.)

Many religious objectors can get waivers for vaccines in public schools too. I know there was a way in Lemon Grove, CA when my daughter was in elementary school there because it was a hot topic with the PTA who was filing law suits to try and stop it. There wasn't official deciding if it was a "valid" religious objection, it was a signed paper submitted by the parent. Don't know the outcome of the lawsuit as this was in 2005 or so and my daughter moved to a different school system plus it never interested me as it didn't affect me.
Congrats, you've listed the few loopholes available. But you're ignoring the fact that those loopholes have historically only been used by a small percentage of people and that the vast majority of Americans get their kids vaxxed in line with the recommended vaccine schedule for children has resulted in all of us living in a country where employers dont need to have vaccine mandates because it can be assumed that folks are covered and that this coverage has let us all enjoy a world with minimal risk of measles, mumps, rubella, smallpox, chicken pox, hepatitis, HPV, etc.

Except until recently when a growing number of exceptions have started to ruin it for everyone else and the number of cases of things like measles have been on the rise because people aren't following the practices that have given all of freedom from disease.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
So there are some lives you support mandates to save and others you don’t?
I just want our sailors to live. So they need to be vaccinated even if they’re not at risk. Even if they’ve already had covid. But if they continue to die and be injured year after year after year while we waste money and manpower enabling them, that’s fine. Because those deaths are ok, and that readiness isn’t readiness.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
We agree. No one is not ‘at risk’. Ask Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers is at risk of covid policies. Not covid. But you know that. There’s no way you’re stupid enough to actually believe there’s no one not at risk. If the risk is a mild infection, guess what? The vaccinated face almost the same risk.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aaron Rodgers is at risk of covid policies. Not covid. But you know that. There’s no way you’re stupid enough to actually believe there’s no one not at risk. If the risk is a mild infection, guess what? The vaccinated face almost the same risk.
Sorry, my bad. I thought he caught it and had to leave his job for a fixed period of time. Must’ve been fake news. Everywhere.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Either way, the mRNA vaccinations are either a modern medical miracle or malfeasance; there's no real middle ground.

Im against mandates, but after billions of doses and a year and a half since the first people got the shots, I’m really inclined to be in camp “modern medical miracle.” Obviously, that opinion changed from healthy skepticism at first. But it really does seem at this point that it is a modern marvel. It’s not 100% perfect as no vaccine is, but it does seem close.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Im against mandates, but after billions of doses and a year and a half since the first people got the shots, I’m really inclined to be in camp “modern medical miracle.” Obviously, that opinion changed from healthy skepticism at first. But it really does seem at this point that it is a modern marvel. It’s not 100% perfect as no vaccine is, but it does seem close.
At some point we need to find a way for people who do come to this realization to get vaccinated without losing face. People are so invested in their viewpoints, which are continually reinforced via social media, that they can’t allow themselves to change their minds when faced with new information.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Sorry, my bad. I thought he caught it and had to leave his job for a fixed period of time. Must’ve been fake news. Everywhere.
Like I said, covid policy is the threat to him. Not the sniffles.

Of course the WH press secretary had to leave her job. But she was vaccinated. Scary risks!