• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Pags

N/A
pilot
Those were known requirements when you joined the military. So you had a choice to not join if you didn’t want to comply. The COVID vaccine wasn’t.

If it’s an employer mandate, then they have a choice to leave their jobs.

Don’t want to vaccinate your kid? You have the choice of home schooling.

Government mandates for civilians are imposed without a choice to those effected. The government is interfering with people lives and businesses. Big difference.

Too say nothing about loss of freedom and rights.
Tell me more about the freedom you lost when you were vaccinated for measles. How much has that changed your life?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
So you had a choice to not join if you didn’t want to comply. The COVID vaccine wasn’t.
Neither was the Anthrax vaccine during the Gulf War or being arbitrarily assigned as a drone pilot.

Requirements of jobs change, you either f**cking deal with it or leave. Period. Everything else is noise. A lot of people talk sht and act Internet tough with this stuff and I guarantee you that no one here on AirWarriors raising a stink about the COVID vaccine is going to put their money where their mouth is and resign in protest based on their beliefs.

And, before you ask, yes, I have left places in protest because I did not agree with XYZ, or decided I was not going to be subjected to certain treatment. My last SELRES unit was a mint example of the latter. That's when I dropped to the VTU and was instrumental in having that SELRES O6 CO removed to never be a CO again.

Last edited:

Mirage

pilot
You’ve already been “forced” to have several other vaccines. You’re already “forced” to wear the prescribed uniform.

Can you (and other folks who don’t like the vax/mandate) tell us what evidence would be sufficient to convince you?
First off, I was referencing the civilian mandate, to which none of you examples apply. Name another vaccine mandated by the federal govt. as a condition for employment? Mandating in the military is different, and in one of these threads I've stated my opinion that it's completely fine, it's just not smart (it is dividing us and hurting readiness) and we should have compassion for those who choose not to take it. I've been pleasantly surprised SECDEF and others disagree with Brett and others here and have ordered that service heads have compassion.

Second, the evidence has already convinced me and I think everyone who's posted here that the risk/reward of the vax is worth it for us. No amount of evidence, however, will convince me that we should force civilians to take a vax that only helps them. If COVID were actually highly lethal to even the majority of Americans, and we had a vaccine that actually prevented it's spread, then I could be convinced by the argument that a vax mandate should be considered. As it is, most of America has a fraction of 1% chance of dying from COVID, and a vaccine that lowers that further for anyone who wants it, but it doesn't stop the spread. Hardly warrants anything close to a national mandate. Fauci and Biden agreed with me, by the way, until they didn't.

And by the way, tens of thousands of servicemen are putting their money where their mouths are on the mandate. I am, in a way, though the straw that broke the camel's back for me came with the Navy's handling of COVID long before the vax mandate.

Pags

N/A
pilot
First off, I was referencing the civilian mandate, to which none of you examples apply. Name another vaccine mandated by the federal govt. as a condition for employment? Mandating in the military is different, and in one of these threads I've stated my opinion that it's completely fine, it's just not smart (it is dividing us and hurting readiness) and we should have compassion for those who choose not to take it. I've been pleasantly surprised SECDEF and others disagree with Brett and others here and have ordered that service heads have compassion.

Second, the evidence has already convinced me and I think everyone who's posted here that the risk/reward of the vax is worth it for us. No amount of evidence, however, will convince me that we should force civilians to take a vax that only helps them. If COVID were actually highly lethal to even the majority of Americans, and we had a vaccine that actually prevented it's spread, then I could be convinced by the argument that a vax mandate should be considered. As it is, most of America has a fraction of 1% chance of dying from COVID, and a vaccine that lowers that further for anyone who wants it, but it doesn't stop the spread. Hardly warrants anything close to a national mandate. Fauci and Biden agreed with me, by the way, until they didn't.

And by the way, tens of thousands of servicemen are putting their money where their mouths are on the mandate. I am, in a way, though the straw that broke the camel's back for me came with the Navy's handling of COVID long before the vax mandate.
Name another virus with similar stats that most (ie, herd immunity) of Americans aren't vaccinated for as a requirement to attend school. There isn't one as this is the first widespread respiratory pandemic since vaccines have been widely available. So while an unprecedented requirement it's no different than the long standing requirement for all Americans to be fully vaccinated during congregate settings, ie school.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Name another virus with similar stats that most (ie, herd immunity) of Americans aren't vaccinated for as a requirement to attend school. There isn't one as this is the first widespread respiratory pandemic since vaccines have been widely available. So while an unprecedented requirement it's no different than the long standing requirement for all Americans to be fully vaccinated during congregate settings, ie school.
Flu. And it’s more dangerous to young children than covid. What do I win?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
“Fuck em all”

Get help
No, I said I wish them well. It's in English and I assume Marines are fully literate. I, myself, have lost $50,000 in SELRES pay over the last four years based on my decisions to drop to the VTU because I chose not to serve under a f*cking turd of a CO who was an O6 USNA grad football player pilot type.

What are you doing besides talking sh*t? ?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
No, I said I wish them well. It's in English and I assume Marines are fully literate. I, myself, have lost $50,000 in SELRES pay over the last four years based on my decisions to drop to the VTU because I chose not to serve under a f*cking turd of a CO who was an O6 USNA grad football player pilot type.
Damn bro! 50k over four years is some serious scratch. That’s big time.

Here’s the post where you said fuck em all to people who don’t want forced vaccination. Maybe you were drunk.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Tell me more about the freedom you lost when you were vaccinated for measles. How much has that changed your life?

Since it wasn’t mandated I have a measles vaccine for anything other than school, I didn’t lose any freedoms. There was private school or home schooling if my parents had made the choice not to give me a measles vaccine.

Next dumb question?