• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh I didn't think that. Because I've told you that I took the vax... So it would make no sense to call me anti-vax. And so have the rest of the contingent that I think you're referring to. Hence my confusion about your accusation that makes no sense. Par for the course though, I suppose.
Apologies - I'm happy to change the wording of my post to be more inclusive. Would "anti-vax mandate" more accurately represent your position than "anti-vax?" I'll change that right now. Appreciate the feedback.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Meanwhile, publicly disclosed Navy vaccine stats are over 99% with at least 1x shot. I suspect that’s for AD. What’s the opposite of brain drain? Culling the herd.
Remember when you were defending the Navy’s idiotic covid policies by saying “I just want my sailors to live”? Perhaps you aren’t in a position to talk about culling stupidity.

Now you can go back to pretending not to read my posts.

I’m a diehard libertarian, but you anti-vax folks are too much. Brett wants his sailors to live, but you can’t hold him responsible if they refuse the jab. The vax is basically zero cost to you, but by not getting it, you screw my immunocompromised son and father-in-law.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Having hesitancy about what one person puts in their body does not equal being anti-vax. Plenty of people have every other shot known to man, but are leery of this shot.

MRNA vaxxes haven't been around for very long. This vaccine was developed in record time. The manufacturers are immune to liability for any adverse issues they cause. Pfizer is now being accused of running a shoddy phase three trial with poor quality research; they unblinded patients and doctors due to their own lack of attention and ended the trials earlier than would have been normal and are being called out for it. Pfizer has people on every major media company's board. There are billions in profits to be had as long as you have to get their shot to exist in society.

How is it so hard to understand people being hesitant to get this shot in light of all those issues? If I lose my medical after I get the inevitable booster to protect your family (since I am statistically at 0.00001% risk from the coof) are you going to top up the 40% of my paycheck I won't be getting while on disability and loss of license?

Boost your immunocompromised family members if you think it'll make a difference.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Remember when you were defending the Navy’s idiotic covid policies by saying “I just want my sailors to live”? Perhaps you aren’t in a position to talk about culling stupidity.
“To date, 73 service members have died. Of those, 71 were completely unvaccinated, Pentagon spokesman Army Maj. Charlie Dietz said on Wednesday, and two had received the first of a two-dose regimen.”

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
His sailors are significantly more likely to die in an off duty motorcycle crash than scaryvirus but in that case we don’t care enough to stop it.
How cool would it be if a two-shot series drastically reduced the chances of death or serious injury in a motorcycle accident?!?

SlickAg

pilot
How cool would it be if a two-shot series drastically reduced the chances of death or serious injury in a motorcycle accident?!?
Yeah. Or we could just ban people from riding them since they’re so dangerous and deadly. “Give up your bike or get discharged!” I’m all for it. I don’t ride, but motorcycles scare me. I’d be safer if no service member was allowed to ride their bike.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah. Or we could just ban people from riding them since they’re so dangerous and deadly. “Give up your bike or get discharged!” I’m all for it. I don’t ride, but motorcycles scare me. I’d be safer if no service member was allowed to ride their bike.
Yeah, I think we could wait for the ‘Give up your bike or get discharged’ thing until the magic shot was readily available and if folks still wanted to ride and didn’t take the shot, they’d have to go. I guess kind of like wearing helmets and other ppe as req’d by motorcycle safety programs. The folks that are ‘healthy’ on ppe and training are was less likely to die in an accident, but the shot can reduce that further! Magic! Take it and live! I’m sure we’d have some ‘my skull, my choice’ folks that would stop wearing helmets, but hey….

SlickAg

pilot
Yeah, I think we could wait for the ‘Give up your bike or get discharged’ thing until the magic shot was readily available and if folks still wanted to ride and didn’t take the shot, they’d have to go. I guess kind of like wearing helmets and other ppe as req’d by motorcycle safety programs.
Why wait? I just want my sailors to live. Studies show that stopping them from riding motorcycles greatly increases their chances of doing so. PPE and classes aren’t 100% effective. Stopping them from riding motorcycles is. Why should I have to subsidize their medical insurance costs since they’re so much more likely to get hurt in an accident than I am in my car? Why take the risk of losing them at an in opportune time in the workup cycle because they put down their bike? Their job is at their duty station or work center - NOT at the hospital. I’m surprised you disagree on this. This would make our force more deadly, more effective, and more READY - just like the vaccine mandate.