• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I think the bold part because just about every country in the world supported by their best apolitical virologists, epidemiologists, and public health professionals have come to the same answer that the vaccines are safe and necessary to return to normal life. If that's not scientific and management consensus I'm not sure what is.

There are also many other companies that are mandating the vax. You can Google them if you like. They're certainly not all the companies ever but there's more than zero. That and the new OSHA rules will essentially require it just as OSHA rules have required lots of other workplace safety things. But that's how govt works for the workers to provide a framework that companies have to comply with otherwise we'd still have child labor and be working 12hrs a day for 6 days a week and buying all of our mining equipment from the company store.

As to defense contractors if they want to continue to get the king's coin they need to follow the king's rules. I don't think they need to mandate the vax as they can test but I doubt many companies are going to want to take on the cost of testing. The big defense contractor I work with every day has a stricter mandate policy in place than the govt. I saw whole companies come to a halt for 3+ weeks this past winter due to covid racing through their building. Shutdowns like that had direct impacts on the fleet and those companies' bottom lines.

When I say federal workforce I mean mil, gov, css, and oems that make it all happen.
Sounds like the company shutting down to attempt contract tracing for an endemic respiratory virus hurt themselves with a stupid policy. A policy of blanket vaccine mandates so they can supposedly avoid their previous self defeating shitty policy makes no sense.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
That pharma companies are making bank is just how capitalism works.
No, that’s actually the textbook definition of not capitalism. Forcing consumers to consume a product they don’t want, at risk of huge downsides if they don’t comply, is literally the definition of not capitalism. Would I be the best chair salesman in the world if the government mandated everyone buy my certain, patented shitty chair in order to keep their job or home? No, it’d be a monopoly.
If that's not scientific and management consensus I'm not sure what is.
Please tell us more about a private company having “scientific and management consensus” for medical decisions for all their employees without ever being a licensed medical doctor or seeing the patient in a primary care physician capacity.
otherwise we'd still have child labor and be working 12hrs a day for 6 days a week and buying all of our mining equipment from the company store.
:rolleyes:
As to defense contractors if they want to continue to get the king's coin they need to follow the king's rules.
Shack. Thought we did something with tea and harbors to get away from kings making decisions.

Pags

N/A
pilot
No, that’s actually the textbook definition of not capitalism. Forcing consumers to consume a product they don’t want, at risk of huge downsides if they don’t comply, is literally the definition of not capitalism. Would I be the best chair salesman in the world if the government mandated everyone buy my certain, patented shitty chair in order to keep their job or home? No, it’d be a monopoly.

Please tell us more about a private company having “scientific and management consensus” for medical decisions for all their employees without ever being a licensed medical doctor or seeing the patient in a primary care physician capacity.

:rolleyes:

Shack. Thought we did something with tea and harbors to get away from kings making decisions.
  1. You'd be a great chair businesses man if you managed to set that up and your shareholders would reward you with huge bonuses. Good re-read your history, monopolies are the natural outcome of unconstrained capitalism. That's why western governments have anti-trust laws so to prevent businesses from getting to the place that isn't good for the public and the economy. But remind me again what monopolies have to do with a vax mandate?
  2. I never said anything about a private company having doctors on staff. That's why there's a CDC and local health personnel to provide businesses a framework to work within But I also wouldn't be surprised if some companies have hired consulting epidemiologists during this time.
  3. You're right. I'm pretty sure the Constitution outlaws that particular idiom right after it mandates freedom fries.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
But remind me again what monopolies have to do with a vax mandate?
Bc the government has arranged an artificial oligopoly that 1) makes Pfizer, Moderna, and to a lesser extent JJ incredibly wealthy using tax dollars, 2) the government is forcing this product on consumers who don’t want to consume it with the only alternative to lose your job and livelihood, fueling point #1 artificially.

This whole ordeal is very low on science and high on self-righteousness. There is a darn good reason why a doctor has to physically (or telemedically) see a patient before prescribing a medicine or vaccine - and this is a federal law, mind you - it’s bc you can’t reliably diagnose and treat medical conditions if you don’t have the patient in front of you and/or know their medical history. Yet, here we are, private companies prescribing a novel mRNA vaccine to every employee without one ounce of knowledge of that person’s medical situation or history.

SlickAg

pilot
For all you “natural immunity” fans out there.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm
For all of you “free thinking” fans out there, here’s a nice dissection of this study versus the large Israeli one.

“An Israeli study by Gazit et al. found that the vaccinated have a 27 times higher risk of symptomatic infection than the Covid recovered. At the same time, the vaccinated were nine times more likely to be hospitalized for Covid. In contrast, a CDC study by Bozio et al. claims that the Covid recovered are five times more likely to be hospitalized for Covid than the vaccinated. Both studies cannot be right.

I have worked on vaccine epidemiology since I joined the Harvard faculty almost two decades ago as a biostatistician. I have never before seen such a large discrepancy between studies that are supposed to answer the same question. In this article, I carefully dissect both studies, describe how the analyses differ, and explain why the Israeli study is more reliable.”

Last edited:

Pags

N/A
pilot
Bc the government has arranged an artificial oligopoly that 1) makes Pfizer, Moderna, and to a lesser extent JJ incredibly wealthy using tax dollars, 2) the government is forcing this product on consumers who don’t want to consume it with the only alternative to lose your job and livelihood, fueling point #1 artificially.

This whole ordeal is very low on science and high on self-righteousness. There is a darn good reason why a doctor has to physically (or telemedically) see a patient before prescribing a medicine or vaccine - and this is a federal law, mind you - it’s bc you can’t reliably diagnose and treat medical conditions if you don’t have the patient in front of you and/or know their medical history. Yet, here we are, private companies prescribing a novel mRNA vaccine to every employee without one ounce of knowledge of that person’s medical situation or history.
There seems to be a fundamental difference between how the world is and how you want it to be.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can't wait for the day that employers fire all fat people and everyone over 50 to keep insurance costs low, COVID-19 or not. Pending job ad... 'must be under 220 lbs for men or 150 lbs for women.'....But hey, while we're at it, let's just avoid hiring women altogether. They cost more to insure and babies are expensive.

There are anti-discrimination laws to prevent all that from happening, and fortunately they don't apply to refusing vaccinations (with few exceptions).

SlickAg

pilot
Alternate headline: Doc who supports every crackpot right wing theory on COVID has opinions that he publishes on a right wing conspiracy site.

This stuff is comedy gold.
Uh huh. Oh that’s rich. That’s about as much of a right-wing conspiracy site as CNN. Please enlighten us, what has he gotten wrong, exactly? And how exactly are you qualified to determine that?

I’m sure you also believe that Pfizer would never allow something like this to happen...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Uh huh. Oh that’s rich. That’s about as much of a right-wing conspiracy site as CNN. Please enlighten us, what has he gotten wrong, exactly? And how exactly are you qualified to determine that?

I’m sure you also believe that Pfizer would never allow something like this to happen...

I'm completely unqualified, as are you. That's why we rely on a body of experts, like CDC, and not an extremist quack.

SlickAg

pilot
I'm completely unqualified, as are you. That's why we rely on a body of experts, like CDC, and not an extremist quack.
Yeah dude, the “experts” at the CDC have gotten it all right.

Here’s Newsweek printing your extremist “quack” and one of his colleagues. You should read it, and really think hard about specifics points of theirs you’d like to refute.

P.S. you must not have realized that Dr. Kulldorff is actually on the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. So, wouldn’t that make him part of the CDC’s “body of experts” that you laud above? What specifically leads you to call him a quack? Because his expert opinions don’t align with your political worldviews? I included their bios below. I know you have an MS in National Strategic Studies from the Naval War College and while that’s certainly quite impressive, I’ll need just a little more concrete evidence to take your about their quackery onboard.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
There seems to be a fundamental difference between how the world is and how you want it to be.
We shall see. Voters get a vote. Employees get a vote with their feet. Consumers get a vote with their wallets. Investors get a vote with their stock picks. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Pags

N/A
pilot
We shall see. Voters get a vote. Employees get a vote with their feet. Consumers get a vote with their wallets. Investors get a vote with their stock picks. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
We certainly will . But I'd offer the fact that 80% of Americans over the age of 18 have at least one dose is a leading indicator as to scope of impacts.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We certainly will . But I'd offer the fact that 80% of Americans over the age of 18 have at least one dose is a leading indicator as to scope of impacts.
Keep in mind that the vast majority of those folks got the jab voluntarily. Doesn't mean they support vaccine mandates or vaccines for children or lock downs, or think it is even harmless. It just means that the vaccine was right for them and their circumstances. It makes no statement beyond that. That is where the politics of the vaccine starts to divide and label people.