• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy prior & BUD/S dropout turned Guard 2nd Lt ...wears a SEAL trident.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Bad headwork on this guy's part. I still can't comprehend what motivates people into doing these things and how they think they'll get away with them.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
This guy's obviously a compulsive liar. If you've spent time around one, you'll see that the person tells lies for no real reason, other than to make himself feel important and to attract attention with stories.

Here's an example from a roommate I had in college while interning at Hershey Foods:

"When you're 21 and you're dating someone who's under 21, it sucks because they can't go to bars. One time, I was dating a girl who wasn't 21, and I said 'screw it' I'm going to a bar instead of hanging out with you."

The problem with that story? I was living with him when he was 20 and when he turned 21 (he was 21 when he told his "story"), and he hadn't been dating anyone. It's a sad disorder really.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reading between the lines of his story, it sounds like he started off with stories about BUD/S, which segued into "I went through SEAL training," to "I was a SEAL." From 'avoiding the embarrassing truth' to 'social lies' to 'believing your own bullshit'. Psychologically slippery slope, and guys like this crave attention and respect, even if they can't/won't earn it with the truth.

Hell of it is - the truth would have been enough. Even taking a shot at BUD/S is more than the vast majority of service people attempt. It's demanding training, you gave it your all, didn't pan out, no shame in that.

KBayDog

Here's an example from a roommate I had in college while interning at Hershey Foods:

"When you're 21 and you're dating someone who's under 21, it sucks because they can't go to bars. One time, I was dating a girl who wasn't 21, and I said 'screw it' I'm going to a bar instead of hanging out with you."

The problem with that story? I was living with him when he was 20 and when he turned 21 (he was 21 when he told his "story"), and he hadn't been dating anyone. It's a sad disorder really.

Wow, thank you for sharing what is quite possibly the worst story ever told. :)

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Wow, thank you for sharing what is quite possibly the worst story ever told. :)

I know, right? It just shows how ridiculous it is that some people would lie about something as mundane as that just to get into a conversation.

KBayDog

I know, right? It just shows how ridiculous it is that some people would lie about something as mundane as that just to get into a conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, right. Go on, Gordie, it's a swell story."

13008-18125-300x225.gif

Kycntryboy

pilot
This guy's obviously a [story teller]. If you've spent time around one, you'll see that the person tells [stories] for no real reason, other than to make himself feel important and to attract attention with [pointless stories].

.... It's a sad disorder really.

hmmmm.....reading between the lines. ;)

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
This guy's obviously a compulsive liar. If you've spent time around one, you'll see that the person tells lies for no real reason, other than to make himself feel important and to attract attention with stories.

Is that a real story about your roommate or did you just make that up?

KBayDog

Alright, everyone, let's take a few deep breaths and relax. Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in...breathe out...

Everyone feel better?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor