• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Primary at Vance

Status
Not open for further replies.

fate66usn

Well I got my ticket to Vance, eventhough I volunteered for Corpus. Just about a week and a half left in API. It's seems like it would be nice to fly the T-37, but I've heard nothing but bad things about Vance. They have the highest attrition rate for Primar. It's in a crappy location, it's got hard charger instructors, long days, oh and it's on a crappy Air Force base, as far from the sea as you can get in USA.
bigmouth_125.gif

So it would be nice if anyone has any better things to tell me about Vance so I can try to feel good about finishing API.

One big question is I read on their website that all single pilots in primary must live on base. Is this true?

ENS Charlie Pruitt

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Well, if you've got poor study habits, you can bet they'll be honed to a razor's edge once you finish! Quality of life ON an Air Force base is generally better than any other service, so you can see all that you're missing by being in the Navy! I would suggest taking up ATV's or offroad motorcycling. About the only thing in Enid is Little Sahara National Park which is a couple thousand acres of sand dunes for us offroad enthusiasts. Otherwise, suck it up, and do your best! Good luck!

HighFlyer55

My cousin is in primary at Vance and he seems to really love it. He told me that flying the T-37 is a lot of fun. He said the days are long but he feels it will make him a better pilot. He also told me that at Vance there is more a class atmosphere since everyone finishes at the same time. THis is important he says because every one works together and its always easy to find help. Fate66usn best of luck at Vance, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.