• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilots getting MBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

How exactly do I "suck"?

Creature asked a question about getting a Master's Degree during shore duty and he/she is not even been accepted into flight school yet. My comment was that that person should worry about more pressing issues, like getting winged before he/she worries about being to earn an MBA during shore duty.

Creature responds claiming that I "berated" him for asking that question.

If Creature feels that my comment that he/she should be worried about some significant events prior to getting to shore duty is being berated; then how will he/she respond when they are actually being 'flame sprayed' for something during his/her career?
Hence my comment that if Creature feels my comment was berating, then Creature should not pursue a career in the military since the treatment he/she will receive while actually in the fleet will be far worse than my comment.

So sensitive man, I am selected into flight school and I was simply commenting on you telling me what to worry about when I was just asking a simple question about grad school. I don't see anything wrong with that. But any info anyone has to offer is appreciated. God bless

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
So sensitive man, I am selected into flight school and I was simply commenting on you telling me what to worry about when I was just asking a simple question about grad school. I don't see anything wrong with that. But any info anyone has to offer is appreciated. God bless

O.K. ... enough.

Here's a thought: the next time you call a senior officer 'man' (helolumpy) or show someone senior to you disrespect on this website -- I'm going to ban you.
And that's coming from someone who gave you + rep a while back ...

We don't suffer fools lightly around here, and neither does the Navy.

Get it???

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Does anyone know of pilots getting their MBA's on their shore tour? And any additional details as far as attending classes during the day or night or online? Thanks

As someone who is looking to separate and go to B-school full-time in the next couple of years, I'll offer my 2 cents. Fuck it, you can have the whole nickel:

There are two types of people who should get an MBA:

1) Someone who needs it to further his or her career (I.e. a management consultant or investment banker). Full-time, part-time, and online MBAs are all viable options.

2) Someone who is looking to make a major career change (I.e. Engineer to Brand Manager). Military Officers fall into this category. Full-time programs are best.

For the career changer, online and part-time programs are terrible, because you don't have the same access to the career services that full-time students do, and more importantly, you miss out on the chance to get valuable experience in your new field via a summer internship.

As someone who is just starting his naval career, the question I ask you is, why do you want an MBA? Is it just to "have it" or you think it's an overall good degree to have? Then go for it. I have a buddy of mine who sunk $50K into Indiana's online MBA program before he got out, and he's utilizing it like someone who went to Indiana Full-time would have. Take it for what it's worth and think if it's really worth your time and money. My opinion is generally that if you want to get an MBA (as a career changer) but don't want to invest 21-months of your life in a full-time program for your future, you probably shouldn't get an MBA.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
How about Whataburger or is it not in Corpus?

Equally shitty as the other three.

RE: MBA Programs

I've said it here before, but I'll reiterate. I used to work for General Electric. We were told from day one about MBAs: There are "Real" MBAs from a ranked and rated programs and there are "Check in the Box" MBAs from everywhere else. Both have a purpose, but don't confuse them.

If you're looking to push into the upper echelon of management (Executive-Band for those of you that know GE), you'd better have a solid resume plus the MBA from someplace respected. If you're looking to advance your career, awesome, you have an MBA. It makes you more competitive than the guy next to you without one.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Oh, by the way, Creature ... how fucking stupid do you think we are ... ???

"Fly High tripped AE detector --- Fly High seems to have multiple personalities using Creature and Fly High sharing the same computer. No soup for you! and you! and you!"

It seems you're now signing in as "Fly High" ... at least you're using the same computer.

IF -- we find out you're creating another 'creature' to get around the 'critique' you've received on this thread -- you're banned. That's deception, basically lying -- and not tolerated in Naval Officers and/or on this website ...

Or ... you can pick the 'profile' you'll use -- let's make sure it's 'Creature' ... and we'll move on ... or is there another explanation for YOU and "Fly High" (who just popped up & registered) to be using the same computer ???

Standing by FOR AN ANSWER ...

*edit* ... O.K., I see "Fly High" is furiously modifying his profile now instead of responding ... the sand is running out on you ...

sandclock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.