• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Officer physical requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looey

I was just told by my recruiter that I have to be less than 200 lbs (considering that I'm six foot) in order to not just be eligible or a pilot slot but to be eligible for an job in the Navy. I was under the impression that if one is over the height weight requirement, a body fat test is given. If this was the case I'd be in the clear since I have body fat of around 10%. When I told hime that according to everything I'd read, I could be under 22% and still be eligible, he told me that rules used to allow that but not anymore. Who's misinformed here?

Looey

I think I just set a new personal record for the most grammar mistakes in a paragraph.

I was just told by my recruiter that I have to be less than 200 lbs (considering that I'm six foot) in order to not just be eligible for a pilot slot but to be eligible for any job in the Navy. I was under the impression that if one is over the height weight requirement, a body fat test is given. If this was the case I'd be in the clear since I have body fat of around 10%. When I told him that according to everything I'd read, I could be under 22% and still be eligible, he told me that this rule used to be allowed but not anymore. Who's misinformed here?

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
When I got my NAMI physical in July it said that I was about 200 lbs, 5'10'' which is over standard. So I got the ole' rope and choke and it said 11% body fat so I got the upchit anyhow. Unless this is a policy change that affects new applicants, I'd say it's B.S.

Sabre170

None
I weighed 205 and then decided if I wanted it bad enough I was going to lose 20 pounds. Now I am 185. My new personal goal is to lose another five pounds before OCS. Regardless, I would lose weight and get into shape, it will only better your package when it goes before the board. With the new age limits and draw down numbers, it is going to get very competitive.

F414Guy

Yeah, this is crap. I'm 6'7" and weigh around 245 which is over the standard. Officers are held to the same standards as everyone else in the Navy and NAMI follows the current PRT standards. I get measured every time also and pass. What really kills me is the guys that have a 22" neck and a dickey-do and still pass standards. I'm not Mr America but I also don't have a roll of fat hanging over my belt. I'm still going to try and loose 10-15 lbs before OCS just to make sure I'm not going to get the fat camp treatment.

Looey

Sabre170 said:
I weighed 205 and then decided if I wanted it bad enough I was going to lose 20 pounds. Now I am 185. My new personal goal is to lose another five pounds before OCS. Regardless, I would lose weight and get into shape, it will only better your package when it goes before the board. With the new age limits and draw down numbers, it is going to get very competitive.

I'm actually already in terrific shape. I can run under a seven minute mile for 3 miles and I can do alot of things others can't. I workout nearly everyday and can bench around 360. And as mentioned before I have about 10% body fat. I'm hardly out of shape. The problem is that the the Navy's height weight table neglects to recognize the existence of people who don't have conventional body types. Maybe my recruiter doesn't believe me and he thinks I'm carrying fat.

Looey said:
I'm actually already in terrific shape. I can run under a seven minute mile for 3 miles and I can do alot of things others can't. I workout nearly everyday and can bench around 360. And as mentioned before I have about 10% body fat. I'm hardly out of shape. The problem is that the the Navy's height weight table neglects to recognize the existence of people who don't have conventional body types. Maybe my recruiter doesn't believe me and he thinks I'm carrying fat.

You should do what that dude from SWAT did.

Next time he gives you the you're a fatbody BS, just get up, take off your shirt and start yelling.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Not that I have this problem (that would be sad if I did).....but my recruiter called me this morning, so I asked him about this weight thing.....it doesn't matter what your weight is as long as your under your body fat. And trust me, it takes ALOT to be over your body fat. Recommened body fat for women is 18%-22% and the Navy allows up to 30 or 33% (I forget exactly what it is, but it is high). If I was even 20% body fat, I would be a fat @ss, so as long as you're in good shape and look different, you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.