• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Officer jobs and level of clearance

Fire17

I was wondering what level of security clearance is achieved through different officer paths. Mainly Surface Warfare Officer, Intelligence Officer, Flight Officer, and Pilot.

exNavyOffRec

For entry as in what is initiated by the NRD for everything you have listed is Secret, except Intel which is TS, what happens after you are in is a different story.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Many/most aviation billets will require a TS by the time you hit your fleet squadron.

Renegade One

None
So...be like Ivory Soap...CLEAN on whatever questionnaire you are ever asked to fill out or in the answer to any question you are ever asked. Lying is a capital offense when it comes to security clearances. They DO have black helicopters, just so's you know...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Matbe in VAQ world, but in the helo world very few get a TS
VAQ/VAW/VFA/VP/VQ to name a few. We had some guys in HSL with TS as well. I think that qualifies as many. ;) I guess you don't need a TS to do STBD D though. :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
VAQ/VAW/VFA/VP/VQ to name a few. We had some guys in HSL with TS as well. I think that qualifies as many. ;) I guess you don't need a TS to do STBD D though. :D

Usually the HSL guys are the OICs and it's actually not required to have, however, depending on what's going on during your deployment, you may not be fully read in on something. At least in practice. I never got a TS and I know some 5th Fleet deployers that didn't have one either, but it's rare because everyone thinks they're supposed to have one (or more likely, their previous job required one).

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I just finished some stuff called PRP on top of my TS headed to VQ. Really weird stuff the doc was asking, "have you ever been hypnotized," and stuff. He had me chuckle a few times!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just finished some stuff called PRP on top of my TS headed to VQ. Really weird stuff the doc was asking, "have you ever been hypnotized," and stuff. He had me chuckle a few times!
Seriously? That sounds like they took a page from the 1950's psychology manual. I do remember the PRP interview for special weps back in the day, asking if I were a member of Greenpeace or the Communist Party.

KBayDog

Really weird stuff the doc was asking, "have you ever been hypnotized," and stuff.

You have never been hypnotized.

watch_animation_1_.gif