• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironnads

I've seen the videos and talked to a bunch of old guys(over 30) about OCS. From what I hear though, OCS has changed over the last 5-10 years with the "kinder, gentler Navy". Can anyone offer me a more recent perspective on life during OCS? Average miles ran per day/week, Longest run, Most pushups in a day, etc. Any other useful info to prepare for my own personal 13 weeks in hell beginning 9/28.

Travis Alexander

candiman

life at ocs is good as long as you are in a good class but if you get in with a bunch of morons then life is painfull. you really have to be dedicated and determined to be a naval officer to make it through. belive me when i was there alot of my class were priors and wanted it bad, then the non priors- 2 types locked on and then the dumb asses who make you get pushed. belive me not all priors were locked on. as far as how many puchups you doi it all depends on 2 things the first is your class -- if they are squared away and your drill instructor is not in the mood to hurt you the not many but then he can really bring pain. the other factor is no one that i know of had enough time to count becuase during rpt you can oush then bendand thrust push leg lifts and its a whole cycle. as far as running the longest we did was a 6=- 6.5 mile run out past the lighthouse then towards the golf course and back to the pt field. hope i answered the question. if you need anymore info email me

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.