• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS quotes

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I stumbled across a long thread of great quotes from Marine OCS recently and thought that we needed one. Go!

During drill:
DI: "Say the f***ing ditty!"
OC: "THE FUH..."
*DI leaves room, smokey bear over his face*

Chief: "Seriously, does anything I say actually offend anyone?"
OC: "Sir, this officer candidate finds it offensive when you take the Lord's name in vain."
Chief: "Okay....I can respect that. But I want you to know that when I do that, it is because I'm praying for your sorry asses!"

During RLP when I was a scorekeeping candio:
Chief to candidate on his face: "Give me the Navy officer rank structure, now!"
OC: "Sir! An O-1 in the United States Navy is a *long pause*"
Chief: "Well, what is it?!"
OC: "Sir! An O-1 in the United States Navy is a second lieutenant! Sir! An O-2 in the United States Navy is a first lieutenant!" And so on
The chief just looks at me with disbelief on his face as if to say "You know what to do" - max knowledge.

During graduation practice:
DI: "Ensign XXXX went to college at Burger King. He will be serving on the USS Cookie Monster."

I've got a lot more that aren't coming to me right now.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Officer Candidate was moving too slowly through the salad bar:
Senior Chief: MOVE! FASTER! THIS ISN'T THE CRACKER BARREL!

Another salad bar incident:
Senior Chief: THIS ISN'T BURGER KING! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT YOUR WAY!

During PT, Gunnery Sergeant notices turf stuck to OC's face after "building a house" exercise:
GySgt: WHAT'S THAT ON YOUR FACE?
OC: Turf, sir!
GySgt: WHY DO YOU HAVE TURF ON YOUR FACE?
OC: Building a house, sir!
GySgt: WERE YOU BUILDING A HOUSE WITH YOUR FACE?
OC: Possibly, sir!
*another OC laughs*
GySgt: WHO WAS THAT?
Other OC: Me, sir!
GySgt: YEAH? WELL HOW ABOUT YOU BEAR CRAWL THAT WAY? GO FIND SOME FUNNY SHIT OVER THERE!

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
A DI to the candio who was indoc commander of his company: "If any of my kids fail RLP, I will find you in the fleet and stab you in the back with a pencil."

My DI was on leave for a few weeks after drill comp, and when he got back he said "You guys are lucky I was gone during academics. Me and academics don't mix. We'd be drilling every night...I mean, you know me!!"

MGoBrew11

pilot
During an RLP demo:

OC: Sir, in the fleet they also call than an Eisenhower ja-…
GySgt: “Shut up prior. Keep that prior shit out of here. Say you suck at life, aye sir”
OC: “I suck at life, aye sir!”

During drill:

“If I could throw this sword through you __________, I would.”

“Goddammit _________. No excuse is no excuse. If I walked up to you and punched you in the face and said no excuse, would that be acceptable?”

While teaching right shoulder to left shoulder arms:

“The ditty we gonna use is ‘punch the midget’. Is anyone offended if we use midget? Does anyone have any damn friggin small people in they family?”

During grad practice:

(OC had just shaved his head)

GySgt: “Hey ___________, you did the right thing.”
OC: “Sir?”
GySgt: “Your head was starting to look like an elephant’s butt.”

BUDU

Punch the midget was by far my favorite ditty. Put the entire class on its face. Pretty sure we had the same DI.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Punch the midget was by far my favorite ditty. Put the entire class on its face. Pretty sure we had the same DI.

We weren't allowed to use it. We were using it from day 1 and someone higher up heard and didn't like it. About a week later he said, "We ain't going to say punch a midget anymore. We just gonna say 'punch it'".

Very disappointing. I almost laughed when he introduced the midget one even though it was Wakeup Wednesday.

LPO Beck

GONNA MAKE CHIEF
During drill practice in Kay Hall.

DI: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'RE TERRIBLE, GET OUT OF MY FORMATION!
OC: Aye, Sir!
DI: WHY ARE YOU WALKING, CANDIDATE?!
OC: LLD, Sir!
DI: WELL JUST GO OVER THERE AND DISAPPEAR THEN!

Candidate goes and stands behind the curtains for the remainder of practice.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
We weren't allowed to use it. We were using it from day 1 and someone higher up heard and didn't like it. About a week later he said, "We ain't going to say punch a midget anymore. We just gonna say 'punch it'".

Very disappointing. I almost laughed when he introduced the midget one even though it was Wakeup Wednesday.

I think we had a bit of a compromise. Our ditty was "PUNCH IT!," but our DI taught us that the motion was similar to punching a midget right in the face.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
During P&R practice:
DI: "You guys aren't doing this right. Any one here would want your job" *points to candio* "Do you want to be reg subcom?"
Candio: Yes sir!
DI: "And would you like to be a batt commander?"
Another candio: Yes sir!
DI: And LFCFan over here would probably do any job, right?
Me: Yes sir!
DI: I bet you'd even polish the regcomm's boots!
Me: *sighs, shrugs and makes screwy face* "Really, sir?"

How I didn't get destroyed for that break of bearing is still lost on me.

Then there was the time our chief knocked on someone's door and the guy in there thought it was another OC:
*knock knock*
OC: What's up?
I really don't need to explain that one any further as you can imagine how it went.

There was also the time he flipped most of our racks a day or two before graduation and made little forts out of them.

Limited Light Duty?

Yep.