• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS packet motivational statement

JYan805

Hello everyone. I am posting the first draft of my motivational statement for Navy OCS. A bit of background. I am currently 35 and an ARMY veteran. I am going for AMDO and am applying for a waiver for a dui I got in 2010. My recruiter said I need to mention it in my statement without putting too much emphasis on it. I struggled to get it started and am not thrilled with my first paragraph. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

Honor, Courage, and Commitment. It is on these core values that the Navy and those who serve within it have risen to become the premier naval superpower in the world. Growing up it was always a dream of mine to join the Navy. Growing up with a family history of Army service however, I chose to honor the family tradition enlist in the Army just after my 21st birthday.

I attended college after high school, but lacked a clear end goal and my unsatisfactory grades showed it. My lack of direction also impacted my personal life as can be seen in the Dui arrest I received in 2010. My poor decision to get behind the wheel that night is one of my greatest regrets. Rather than let the situation define me I chose to learn from my mistakes and use it as motivation to become the man I wanted to be. I served time in the United States Army as a with an honorable discharge and began working in the construction industry. In 2021 I decided to work towards my goal of becoming a naval officer. I have since graduated Cum Laude from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. I received my Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics with minors in aviation safety, and management. I am also currently pursuing my Master of Business Administration in Aviation with a focus in project management.

I believe with my background as an Army team leader, my experience working as a project manager in the construction sector, and my aviation knowledge as a civilian pilot could be assets to the Navy as an AMDO. It is my goal as a Naval officer to make a positive impact on the effectiveness of my organization and the sailors with it. I have seen firsthand how great of an impact a good leader can have on a unit and its members. I have also seen the negative impact a bad leader can have. If selected I plan to make the commitment to helping sailors grow personally and professionally. If selected I hope to have a long career with the Navy in which I can learn and work within the strongest and most technically advanced Navy in the world alongside the men and women who have chosen to serve.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone. I am posting the first draft of my motivational statement for Navy OCS. A bit of background. I am currently 35 and an ARMY veteran. I am going for AMDO and am applying for a waiver for a dui I got in 2010. My recruiter said I need to mention it in my statement without putting too much emphasis on it. I struggled to get it started and am not thrilled with my first paragraph. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

Honor, Courage, and Commitment. It is on these core values that the Navy and those who serve within it have risen to become the premier naval superpower in the world. Growing up it was always a dream of mine to join the Navy. Growing up with a family history of Army service however, I chose to honor the family tradition enlist in the Army just after my 21st birthday.

I attended college after high school, but lacked a clear end goal and my unsatisfactory grades showed it. My lack of direction also impacted my personal life as can be seen in the Dui arrest I received in 2010. My poor decision to get behind the wheel that night is one of my greatest regrets. Rather than let the situation define me I chose to learn from my mistakes and use it as motivation to become the man I wanted to be. I served time in the United States Army as a with an honorable discharge and began working in the construction industry. In 2021 I decided to work towards my goal of becoming a naval officer. I have since graduated Cum Laude from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. I received my Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics with minors in aviation safety, and management. I am also currently pursuing my Master of Business Administration in Aviation with a focus in project management.

I believe with my background as an Army team leader, my experience working as a project manager in the construction sector, and my aviation knowledge as a civilian pilot could be assets to the Navy as an AMDO. It is my goal as a Naval officer to make a positive impact on the effectiveness of my organization and the sailors with it. I have seen firsthand how great of an impact a good leader can have on a unit and its members. I have also seen the negative impact a bad leader can have. If selected I plan to make the commitment to helping sailors grow personally and professionally. If selected I hope to have a long career with the Navy in which I can learn and work within the strongest and most technically advanced Navy in the world alongside the men and women who have chosen to serve.

No need for multiple posts. There's already a mega motiv statement thread out there.