• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy JAG help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I just had a question as to what the JAG guys can do for the active duty folks. Do they help with civilian law matters (child custody for example) like a normal lawyer would? As in, travel to an out of state court case, transfer a case to a different state, dealing with a civilian lawyer, etc. I looked around google and it was all very vague. Also if they do pretty much everything then there seems to have to be a cost that i would most likely pay or am i wrong there also? any answers or current experiences with the JAG guys around Pensacola would be helpful.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
pretty sure it is free to you. Just go to base legal and they should be able to help you.

Hudson

I don't belive a JAG lawyer can help you in a civilian case unless that lawyer is licenced in the state that you need the help. Could be wrong though. We had a brief during OCS but it was a while ago. Memory is foggy.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Go to the NLSO (Navy Legal Service Office), call them, get an appointment, and explain your situation. It is free legal advice, and they can tell you what they can and cannot do. No one on here, unless there is a JAG lurking in the shadows can give you a no **** answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.