• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphertube

I'm not in... yet.

I've pretty much got all the paperwork done, barring one last vision check, another copy of my transcript, and my PRT. My recruiter thinks I have a pretty good shot since I'm going for intelligence with a double-major, a GPA of 3.71, OAR 65, management experience, and letters of reference showing my ability to adapt to foreign countries and new environments.

I'm 26, I've worked as an IT developer and project manager with absolutely no formal training in tech. Apparently, that sounds pretty darn good on the whole-person thing.

dino93

Thats great cyphertube!! I believe I will be trying for the Intel area as well. However, I am little concerned because my Major is Criminal Justice. I do have a 3.8 GPA and a lot of management experience. My age window is a little tighter than yours because I am 28. I am finding that most communities have a lower age limit so I am limited on what designation I can go into. I still have about a year before I can start the BDCP paperwork march. Let me know how your application goes and if you have any tips it would be appreciated.

JayManC

yeah the age limit is a bear, with aviation the rumor is, that they can only convince you to land on a dark moving platform in the middle of the night up to a certain point, then the stupidity of youth wears off

<insert something witty here:>

dino93

Yeah this age thing is really starting to tick me off. I am only qualified for three officer communities because of my age. Though Intel and Crypto sound cool I was really hoping for SWO or Subs. Of course, I would pretty much do anything the Navy wanted because of this BDCP. :)No other job is willing to pay me to go to school and offer me a cool job.

srvmcm

BDCP is a great program. I bought a new truck and a dirt bike, and all I have to do is sit on my ass assured that (providing I finish OCS and pass NAMI) I'll be an officer in the Navy and a pilot. I was blessed to get in when I did because I've heard there are no more slots until the end of this year. There really aren't any catches to the program. My friends, military and civilian, cannot believe the deal that I have going for me. If you can get in, take it. Military experience is invaluable in life and you will also not feel bad while you're behind a desk regretting never being part of the world's number 1 Navy power. Good luck to all.

ldbluitt

Originally posted by srvmcm
BDCP is a great program. I bought a new truck and a dirt bike, and all I have to do is sit on my ass assured that (providing I finish OCS and pass NAMI) I'll be an officer in the Navy and a pilot. I was blessed to get in when I did because I've heard there are no more slots until the end of this year. There really aren't any catches to the program. My friends, military and civilian, cannot believe the deal that I have going for me. If you can get in, take it. Military experience is invaluable in life and you will also not feel bad while you're behind a desk regretting never being part of the world's number 1 Navy power. Good luck to all.

ldbluitt

hey my name is learlino bluitt and I took the astb on august 23 but I came up 6 points short my recruiter didn't tell me to prepare for math like I should can anyone help me outon math or remember anything? I am a crim. justice major and my gpa is 3.3 and I am going for supply or intell my email address is dubugg2@yahoo.com and I get off active duty nov 3

ldbluitt

Originally posted by jaerose
Yes. I have been in BDCP for over 2 years, so when I was eligible to use my MGIB I went through the process and got a nice extra chunk of change every month. The BDCP is like being on active duty (it actually is active duty) b/c you get your insurance, salary, BAH and food allowances. So, yes you can use both.
HEY MY NAME IS LEARLINO BLUITT AND i JUST TOOK THE TEST ON AUG 23 AND i MISSED BY 6 POINTS. i FOUND THE MATH AND VERBAL CHALLENGING AM STILL ACTIVE DUTY AND GET OUT ON NOV 3 2003 CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THE TEST OR GIVE ME SOME POINTERS AND APPLYING FOR INTELL AND SUPPLY
JR

jaerose

Hmmm...good thing I already graduated. I guess I'll use the rest of my MGIB money for grad. school =)

JR

www.jdroseberry.info

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
I also used the MGI Bill for school while in the BDCP. I have had no message that I have to repay the money, but I made sure that I qualified for the MGI Bill benefit before I took advantage of it. This is sounding very strange to me. Hopefully you can work this out, as $8000 is a LOT of money for college students! Let us know.

D

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just recently got into BDCP and my recruiter told me that I would be eligible for MGIB only AFTER OCS. My contribution from my paycheck (up to 1200 total) does not begin until then either. There seems to be some conflicting information here...

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Jason,

I'd fight it. There are many others on this forum that have received MGI Bill while active duty in the BDCP program. Why not you? Good luck,

D

jaerose

To make a long story short? You were kidding, right? I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm glad you got it all sorted out. It's funny how they don't want to give you money you're entitled to get and they're contractually obligated to give to you...hmmm, a little shady. What's weird is all the time I've got in the military is BDCP time, but I gave my paperwork to the VA lady at my university and never had to give it a second thought...$900/month for my senior year (and it was just after my 2 year date). It's funny, you actually earned it more than I did, but you had to jump through hoops to get it. At least you got it, though!

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.