• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Intelligence Professional Breast Insignia

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Any ideas for the list of proposed PQS sign-offs to get this pin? ;)

Our intel O showed me his PQS. I just skimmed over it but it was pretty substantial.

As for what it was for the sign-offs, I think it was a combo of the latest Afghanistanimation clips along with the capabilities and weapons of the Turtle. ;)

Short

None
Just to break it down:

Sword: check...for stabbing.
Globe: Check plus, hoss, 'cause we're global.
Mother F'in Lightning Bolt: Like Zeus, raining down power from above, yo.
Centrally positioned fouled anchor: Hmmm...this looks oddly familiar.

All you need now are some ninja stars and a topless chick riding an AIM-120 that's been thrown by Chuck Norris and you've got the coolest f'in warfare device ever.

Glad that we're using our money to develop this and blue camouflage uniforms from the future rather than a flight deck jersey that actually breathes and doesn't look like its been run through a grease pit after two waves of launches.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
The more badges/ribbons/crap people have on their uniforms, the better it looks to the unknowing public eye...therefore, more intrigue, and more applications for enlistment/commission?

I completely agree with mongo. The last thing I want is chest candy telling them who I am and what I do.

I have more ribbons as a reservist than some of my active duty swo breathern. I know theyll catch up but I still just find it funny.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I completely agree with mongo. The last thing I want is chest candy telling them who I am and what I do.

I have more ribbons as a reservist than some of my active duty swo breathern. I know theyll catch up but I still just find it funny.

Yeah, cause all those spies wouldn't want to blow their cover. :rolleyes: Yes, forthwith, all the AIOs who had been casually masquerading as one of the cool kids will now and forever be instantly recognized as the dorks they really are. :D

Brett

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, cause all those spies wouldn't want to blow their cover. :rolleyes: Yes, forthwith, all the AIOs who had been casually masquerading as one of the cool kids will now and forever be instantly recognized as the dorks they really are. :D

Brett

The Valerie Plames of the USN!

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
"It's great to be a nerd, it's great to be a nerd, the only light we ever see is from our monitor!"

Oh dear. Hopefully it will only be authorized and not required.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
I'm certain I'm going against the flow here...but my long-time personal association with a former USN AIO, who became a civilian a long time ago, garners from me nothing but the highest respect...especially in light of the personal letters of commendation (which I was allowed to read several years ago) he'd received from his boss...a name known to all of us. ;)

'Nuff said.

They want a device?? I know two (wait!...make that three) of them that deserve it...

Now that I think about it...there were four...ironically enough, one from each branch of the military (either active, or separated)...US Army, USAF, USMC, and the one cited above, USN...

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
"It's great to be a nerd, it's great to be a nerd, the only light we ever see is from our monitor!"

Oh dear. Hopefully it will only be authorized and not required.

I'm sure most of you know...but that is how the air force does it. Only aeronautical badges (pilot, nav, parachutist, etc) are required...all of the other 3 million badges they have are optional...maybe we get the same fate with this one?

As I said before, I really don't care either way...it's just another $5.00 at the uniform store to buy it. : (

snake020

Contributor
Who is running the Navy? Between the gay NWUs and crap like this, it makes me think the air force is in charge. Hell, I got an E-mail the other day about some cybercommand the Navy wants to set up, which the AF was working on a couple years ago.

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
Who is running the Navy? Between the gay NWUs and crap like this, it makes me think the air force is in charge. Hell, I got an E-mail the other day about some cybercommand the Navy wants to set up, which the AF was working on a couple years ago.

I go back to my original argument that it's all recruiting-focused. The navy, as well as every other branch, has to have more metal, different uniforms, etc....anything to separate it from the other branches in hopes of "looking cooler" than the others. I knew a former USMC drill instructor who told me that when he polled his basic training class, about 1/3 of them chose the marines because of the uniform...maybe the navy is hoping the same thing here.