• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviators Naval Flight Officers -- What Was Your Major?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
-BS in Human Resource Management
-NROTC
-COD (C-2A) driver for the last 8.5 years, soon to fly T-34C's and maybe T-6's

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BS in Information Sciences and Technology
EA-6B (soon)
NROTC

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
WHAT WAS YOUR MAJOR ^^^ I think that about does it .... EDIT: And what do you fly?
My major was Major Ralph "Lucky" Chapman, USMC ... after initially grooming me for Battalion Commander, he later tried to get me kicked out of NROTC and sent to a jungle with a rifle and helmet when I dropped the Marine Option ... it didn't work out too well for him. :)

My studies involved wine, women, and song ... and a red TR-4. I later got a Master's to prove to myself that I had the "grey matter".

I am still growing "up".

I got Attack and later ended up flying 747's. Those two communities have similar problems and considerations.

Overall ... no regrets.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pre-law, economics.

But Navy recruiters slapped some sense into me my sophomore year at Creighton University, and I signed up for the AVROC program, abandoning law school.

It was a tough sell, since I was also nearly failing my (hated) second year of mandatory, Army ROTC (A's and B's in all subjects, but a shaky "D" in a supposedly "given" grade, Army ROTC.)

Nearly equal time in the F-4, F-14, and A-4. (And a little fun-time in the CH-53, P3-C, S-2, and C-131 among others, and even a cameo 1.0 in the then-new, F-18.)

Like A4's, my studies involved "wine, women, and song." Rather than a TR-4, I had an ugly old green Rambler…. But my seats folded down, and everyone including all blondes on campus knew it!J

Our fighter squadron had superlative officers - Some with forestry, ancient languages, history and philosophy degrees, as well as the more normally expected.
I got most of a Masters, but found I didn't need and couldn't finish with my deployments and airline schedules. (When I figure what I finally want to be when I grow up, I may re-apply…seriously.)

Flew fighters, been around the world a few times, been shot at, proved to myself what I was capable of, and did 10 times more than I could ever imagine, and am a happy old/young man with absolutely no regrets and tremendous memories, and irreplaceable friends and compatriots.

[My only regret – if I had one – is that I can't do it all exactly the same, once again.]

IOW, no regrets!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Pre-law, economics.

But Navy recruiters slapped some sense into me my sophomore year at Creighton University, and I signed up for the AVROC program, abandoning law school.

It was a tough sell, since I was also nearly failing my (hated) second year of mandatory, Army ROTC (A's and B's in all subjects, but a shaky "D" in a supposedly "given" grade, Army ROTC.)

Nearly equal time in the F-4, F-14, and A-4. (And a little fun-time in the CH-53, P3-C, S-2, and C-131 among others, and even a cameo 1.0 in the then-new, F-18.)

Like A4's, my studies involved "wine, women, and song." Rather than a TR-4, I had an ugly old green Rambler…. But my seats folded down, and everyone including all blondes on campus knew it!J

Our fighter squadron had superlative officers - Some with forestry, ancient languages, history and philosophy degrees, as well as the more normally expected.
I got most of a Masters, but found I didn't need and couldn't finish with my deployments and airline schedules. (When I figure what I finally want to be when I grow up, I may re-apply…seriously.)

Flew fighters, been around the world a few times, been shot at, proved to myself what I was capable of, and did 10 times more than I could ever imagine, and am a happy old/young man with absolutely no regrets and tremendous memories, and irreplaceable friends and compatriots.

[My only regret – if I had one – is that I can't do it all exactly the same, once again.]

IOW, no regrets!

Very motivating, thanks for the post.