• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviator Help Needed

mamelukesword

I'm looking for help with a survey I am conducting for my MAS degree from Embry Riddle. My survey will take less than 5 minutes. It really is intended for Naval aviators that went to flight school from 2000-2004. The survey is about the use of desktop simulation before, during, and after training. I am comparing results of Military trained and Civilian trained pilots. Again thanks in advance for any help. Here is the link:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/576416/DESKTOP-SIMULATION-USE-IN-FLIGHT-TRAINING

Semper Fi
Mamelukesword

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
I got an error trying to submit. Has a link to go to the error, but it doesn't work.

phrogpilot73

No problem here, although I wish you could put in comments. I TRIED to use it for VFR stuff ONCE, then realized it sucked - and used it exclusively for instruments after that.

mamelukesword

Thanks for all the input. Phrogpilot73: I completely agree and put that in my thesis. The Navy's program was very VFR intensive.

phrogpilot73

Worked on NMCI but not at home. Weird.
Dude, you need to update your Avatar. With the new software, it looks like shit... Then again - it is an F/A-18...

@mamelukesword - Bambam, huh? Call sign is familiar, we may have crossed paths. I know that with your number of posts you might not be able to reply (don't know if the new software has the same limitation), I was an East Coast Phrog guy (264) from '01-'05, and a FAC with 1/8 from '05-'07 (EAS). I did Tac Support for WTI & WTI in '04...

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
Dude, you need to update your Avatar. With the new software, it looks like shit... Then again - it is an F/A-18...

@mamelukesword - Bambam, huh? Call sign is familiar, we may have crossed paths. I know that with your number of posts you might not be able to reply (don't know if the new software has the same limitation), I was an East Coast Phrog guy (264) from '01-'05, and a FAC with 1/8 from '05-'07 (EAS). I did Tac Support for WTI & WTI in '04...

Since you've known about this changeover for some time now, thanks for the heads up that we went from a resolution of smaller than 200x200 to larger than that. No biggie, I'll fix it.

And I'm at least smart enough to wait until I'm done climbing out of a Phrog you're flying next month to return any darts in your direction.

phrogpilot73

And I'm at least smart enough to wait until I'm done climbing out of a Phrog you're flying next month to return any darts in your direction.
Unlike the dude who said "I'd rather be riding in a 53" before I even finished my preflight... In case you were curious, he had pissed himself by the time it was over. Literally.