• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviation Symposium 2009

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Word around the squadron is that they'll be doing tours/orientation for the growler tomorrow at 0700, if anyone's interested.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Aw crap! I have been waiting for a chance to post my cubi-dog patch, but A4s jumped the gun. (Never give a wiley bogie any angles, or 1st shot, ever! If they don't kill you, they will certainly piss you off!)

cubidog.jpg

(And BTW, mine's bigger, A4s :D :D )
Yeah, but ... yeah, but, yeah, but .... mebbe yours is 'bigger' ... but mine's on my jacket -- at least one of my green ones ... :D

Photo by A4sForever

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The POW panel was great. I thought the stories those men told were incredible, especially CDR Woods having the courage to tell the rescue helo to waveoff when he knew it was probably his only chance of evading capture. What was even more amazing was that this was the first time he'd ever met the helo crews that tried to rescue him. Definitely a great experience all around.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090508/NEWS01/905080332/1051/NEWS08

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Great couple of days. I especially liked the Flag Panel, those guys certainly have a lot to say, but I still found it really informative. Especially liked that guy in the audience who talked about the Coastie's award.

The Flag Panel, combined with the 'future of aviation' forum from the day before gives me a much better grasp of what the battlefield is going to look like for most of my career...

I, for one, can't wait.