• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Academy Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspy007

I talked to my BGO last night, he said that the admissions board recommened me for the Naval Academy Foundation, which I would gladly accept. But I was hoping anyone has in insight into the program, and also the odds of getting the scholarship.

Thanks

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
The Naval Academy Foundation, Inc, help promissing candidates who are not appointed in their first try for admissions. The organization provides a limited number of scholarships for post-high school prep studies to enhance those candidates qualifications for admission. Cash grants are made by the Foundation to the participating junior college or prep school selected.

As fars as odds, that is a determination you have to make, based on the strength of your application. See http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/BGO/docs/educatorbrief.ppt for for some statistics on USNA applications.

Good Luck!

bigspy007

Thanks for the info chief, but I am wondering what the recommendation by the board means? Does it give me more of a chance of getting the foundation scholarship? Also does it mean that I will not get an appointment this year?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Well, without a recommendation would seem one would not even be considered by the Foundation. BTW: The Foundation is a super organization. i contribute more than i can afford each year.

The BG Brief at the URL i gave you has number on Foundation acceptances, one of the later slides.

SPECULATION ONLY: i would think the board liked your application, persona. i would think that if you gained outstanding grades in your junior college/prep school, and otherwise contributed to your application, guided by your application in comparison to the stats in the brief, you would be very competitive. In other words, they saw you once, did not eliminate you and are giving an opportunity/encouragement to improve. Just my thoughts, nothing even approaching semi official.

Take charge, find those areas that you need improvement in, set goals, focus on those goals and do your best.

Best of luck.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I went to NAPS with quite a few people who did the Foundation program. A very large percentage of them graduated with me from USNA, too. I'm not sure how many people who do the Foundation program gain admission directly to USNA, but I would imagine that it's more than who go to NAPS. The Chief's right: Kick ass, take names, and you'll find yourself in Annapolis if you want it.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Do not know, but;

The telephone number of the Foundation is 410.293.1940

The number for Athletics and Scholarships is 410.280.5534

Status
Not open for further replies.