• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NASCC 15 min from gate, room(s) for rent in Oct.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just bought a place this past week in Corpus, and I'm now soliciting for housemates. Preferably instructors or hot TAMUCC chicks, but I'll take any E2/C2 student in intermediate or any other advanced student. Sorry, but no primary students. ;)
Here's the deal (like on that push up device commercial):
*4 bedroom, 2076 sq ft, 2.5 bath located in Manhattan Estates (southside) which is 15 minutes from the gate (timed via Yorktown Blvd to Waldron)
*$500 base rent plus a share of the utilities (between how many of us there are)
What you get:
*Choice of room (or 2 rooms if it's just 2 of us)
*DirecTV or Cable with HD and whatever sports package we want
*Use of all common areas (kitchen, living room, spare room/office/lounge/whatever we make it, garage)
*Parties ok. All-tile living room and kitchen makes clean up easy! Great spot for beer pong if anyone's got a table.
*Free sea stories from CODland!

Yeah, that's all you get. PM me if interested. It becomes available on October 9th (or sooner if need be).

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since no one is (yet) interested in paying me rent, I'm curious as to what you all think of the various websites out there for getting roommates. I've seen/heard of Craig's list and roommates.com. Anyone have success getting normal people?

MasterBates

I had found a decent roomate on CL here in Corpus, but had to screen a couple morons before I got the MILF roomate I had.

MSkinsATC

pilot
Damn Kmac wish you would have shown up like 3 months ago...I would have been there no problem....just these damn apartment leases!!! uggghhhh

MasterBates

Well .... here's what's killin' you:

Otherwise ... I'd be tempted to move back to the Republic and be your tenant. :D

And then you can have flight school stories about Wilbur and Orville... That, and what it was like to fly a N3N as an instructor.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since none of you knuckleheads want to help pay my mortgage, does anyone know of some good sites other than roommates.com that would be useful for finding a roommate? Perhaps something like hotyounggirlswholiketocleanandpayrent.com? Anyone? Anyone?

(and yes, I reopened this thread with the SPAM concept in mind!)

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Since none of you knuckleheads want to help pay my mortgage, does anyone know of some good sites other than roommates.com that would be useful for finding a roommate? Perhaps something like hotyounggirlswholiketocleanandpayrent.com? Anyone? Anyone?

Armed Forces Housing Referral Network
It's free for active duty
https://www.ahrn.com/

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had OK luck with Cragislist in Corpus, including having a MILFy roomate who liked to clean.

So far from Craig's list I've had these e-mails:
"do you care of the orientation of a possible roommate?"
and
"do u might a gay guy living w/u?"

Quality I tell you, quality.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just had one person from here back out, so the room is still available if you're interested. PM me for additional details.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor

Have you tried hotyounggirlswholiketocleanandpayrentandcook.com? You might have better luck there.