• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Pensacola

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
"yes, they did lower the Navy NSS back down, but guess what. We still had Navy guys in my class either fail out or BARELY pass. Work your ass off!"

All the stuff in the RED is just unnecessary crap that could be kept to him/herself....just because you dont have wings next to your name doesn't mean you are some 22 year old that doesn't know anything about being successful.
Guess what...I understand that even if the NSS cut off was a 3, there would still be STUDS that fail out...and that goes for the Navy and the Marine Corps...its just the nature of the beast.

I only stated my prior experience because I dont appreciate being talked to, nor should anyone, with the attitude that I am coming to flight school with anything less then my absolute best in mind or that I am retarded. I understand I am starting over, but I also know that being a prior senior enlisted that I have insight of the "other side" and what it feels to have an officer talk to me like I am an idiot because I wasn't an officer. If someone talks to another officer like this then I would hate to see how he or she will talk to their enlisted.

Again, I am not upset, more annoyed and just wanted to clarify that the negativity and patronizing attitude on a simple question is counter productive and unneeded.

KBayDog, thanks for the advice and I will try to keep it under control ;) I look forward to working hard for the double anchors and appreciate officers like you setting the example and truly helping out on here.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
"yes, they did lower the Navy NSS back down, but guess what. We still had Navy guys in my class either fail out or BARELY pass. Work your ass off!"

All the stuff in the RED is just unnecessary crap that could be kept to him/herself....just because you dont have wings next to your name doesn't mean you are some 22 year old that doesn't know anything about being successful.
Guess what...I understand that even if the NSS cut off was a 3, there would still be STUDS that fail out...and that goes for the Navy and the Marine Corps...its just the nature of the beast.

I only stated my prior experience because I dont appreciate being talked to, nor should anyone, with the attitude that I am coming to flight school with anything less then my absolute best in mind or that I am retarded. I understand I am starting over, but I also know that being a prior senior enlisted that I have insight of the "other side" and what it feels to have an officer talk to me like I am an idiot because I wasn't an officer. If someone talks to another officer like this then I would hate to see how he or she will talk to their enlisted.

Again, I am not upset, more annoyed and just wanted to clarify that the negativity and patronizing attitude on a simple question is counter productive and unneeded.

KBayDog, thanks for the advice and I will try to keep it under control ;) I look forward to working hard for the double anchors and appreciate officers like you setting the example and truly helping out on here.

Quit while you're ahead dude.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
And, FWIW, there are plenty of folks who don't work their asses off when they get to flight school.

I'm going to echo what Kbay said and the OP said here before the fireworks start....

You'll quickly realize/be surprised when you start IFS/API/Primary, etc. just how many people actually do come down here not expecting to work and study WAY more than you fly. Some think flight school is drinking bushwackers on the beach all day with your tags around your neck and playing volleyball/various beach drinking games and then the occasional flight or test. Granted, yes there is drinking, but many don't realize how much studying there actually is, and by studying i mean memorizing....and when they do (speaking about the ones who don't want it that badly) you can see their world come crashing down in their eyes and the dream basically shatter.

NavyNukeNFO

That is a shame but saw the same thing in Nuke school....I guess I have worked way to hard to get here to imagine someone would party it away. I really never meant to offend anyone, and want to EARN my place in the aviation community just as much or more from the sound of it then others. I just have a hard time swallowing someone talking to me like I am an idiot and naive to the way the Navy works. I apologize and was not/am not trying to shake the salt off my shoulders in an attempt to pretend like I deserve any more respect then others.

Looking forward to getting to PCola in the next couple months to get this show on the road and earn those wings one step at a time. Again thanks for those who have written and hope you still accept this ex-nuke (thank god) with open arms.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to echo what Kbay said and the OP said here before the fireworks start....

You'll quickly realize/be surprised when you start IFS/API/Primary, etc. just how many people actually do come down here not expecting to work and study WAY more than you fly. Some think flight school is drinking bushwackers on the beach all day with your tags around your neck and playing volleyball/various beach drinking games and then the occasional flight or test. Granted, yes there is drinking, but many don't realize how much studying there actually is, and by studying i mean memorizing....and when they do (speaking about the ones who don't want it that badly) you can see their world come crashing down in their eyes and the dream basically shatter.

^^+1 He speaks the truth. @ NavyNuke: No one here is trying to patronize you/say you won't work hard in flight school. Just get down to P'cola and kick some ass.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
That is a shame but saw the same thing in Nuke school....I guess I have worked way to hard to get here to imagine someone would party it away. I really never meant to offend anyone, and want to EARN my place in the aviation community just as much or more from the sound of it then others. I just have a hard time swallowing someone talking to me like I am an idiot and naive to the way the Navy works. I apologize and was not/am not trying to shake the salt off my shoulders in an attempt to pretend like I deserve any more respect then others.

NSS has been dropped down to a 35 for API. It may stay there, it may not. Your going to be in the training command- get used to people treating you like you don't know anything and telling you things numerous times over, acting like its the first time they expect you to hear it. Don't ever pass up an opportunity to shut up and take in the advice of those trying to help you.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot

Wow man, you totally misread my post. I was never trying to imply that you were a shit bag or that you were not ready to put out once you got here. I was merely trying to state that the nss, while lower, is still no joke. Never meant to be an attack on you.

To answer your earlier question though, we had an instructor mention that the Navy needs pilots right now. Take that for what it's worth. Good luck man and sorry if I offended you. It is the Internet, you know

NavyNukeNFO

Thanks for all the info and again I appoligize, I know it seemed as though I was being a pissy pants.

I hope that the need for pilots means there is also a need for NFO's and with that it means I can go straight into IFS without a lot of stash/setting around time. They are saying with all the IRR students that they are sending STA21's down the month we grad but we won't get orders will end of April. Anyone have any experience with this happening? Last question...is on base housing worth staying at? With my time frame it might be my best option if it isn't crappy.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
I believe the info needed here has been received. Someone close this shit before it gets nasty Lol

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I worked with NavyNukeNFO for 4 years or so in the same work center... I vouch for him being a hard worker...

I mean come on' those first 3 months or so (out of 36) during the RCOH was a real PITA!!! :)

NavyNukeNFO

I worked with NavyNukeNFO for 4 years or so in the same work center... I vouch for him being a hard worker...

I mean come on' those first 3 months or so (out of 36) during the RCOH was a real PITA!!! :)

;) Word to that haha. Good watchin out....you know how it is always getting in some trouble wherever I go. Good news for us though that aviation guys are getting put into IFS right away huh. See you down there soon!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
While we're at it, anyone know the weather tomorrow? How about this week's lotto numbers? When's the next olympics?

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
My time frame as a NFO:

Check in - JAN - Given Stash Job
IFS - Late JAN
IFS Complete - Mid March - Delay due to weather conditions.
API - Day after my solo in IFS - Less than 24 hours

I'm all for working hard and achieving your goals, I've been dreaming of this opportunity since I was a kid, but I also know that I get paid great money and if the Navy wants me to sit around, I'll be damned if I'm going to complain. I'll sit around for 20 years if the Navy wants to pay me to do that.