• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Pensacola

AirGrunt15

pilot
I'm in IFS right now with Navy guys who commissioned through OCS about a month ago. It's a different story for Marines though.

jtmedli

pilot
Does anyone know how fast guys are classing up down at Pensacola? Or how long they are getting people through ifs/api?

I got here on Feb 4th...classing up on Monday. They're pushing us into API fast right now. Some guys barely had 2 weeks after getting here. Those of us that dont have to do IFS are getting classed up ASAP.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Who doesn't have to do IFS? I thought that everyone had to do IFS or did they change that NFO's dont have to do IFS anymore?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Who doesn't have to do IFS? I thought that everyone had to do IFS or did they change that NFO's dont have to do IFS anymore?

If you have a private pilot or above you won't do IFS. Everyone else will (SNA or SNFO).

NavyNukeNFO

If you have a private pilot or above you won't do IFS. Everyone else will (SNA or SNFO).

Roger that....also heard on the rumor mill they lowered the NSS score for SNA and SNFO this week? I know not to focus on the NSS deal but wonder sometimes how much validity there is to what we are told here at the ROTC unit. Thanks again on the answer about IFS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Roger that....also heard on the rumor mill they lowered the NSS score for SNA and SNFO this week? I know not to focus on the NSS deal but wonder sometimes how much validity there is to what we are told here at the ROTC unit. Thanks again on the answer about IFS.

What are you asking? Did they collectively lower everyone's NSS? Why would they do that?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And why does it matter? Work your ass off and it shouldn't be a problem. Worrying about what the NSS requirement is/could be is pointless.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot

yes, they did lower the Navy NSS back down, but guess what. We still had Navy guys in my class either fail out or BARELY pass. Work your ass off!

NavyNukeNFO

yes, they did lower the Navy NSS back down, but guess what. We still had Navy guys in my class either fail out or BARELY pass. Work your ass off!

Thanks for the answers...and the extra I guess. I made it clear that I wasn't asking because I was wrapping my self up in the NSS score..just simply asking because it seems as though the NSS score is a good way to determine if they are flooded or on par with the number they are sending to flight school. Was mainly asking for my Mids that go to school with me, that are going on IRR to maybe give them an encouraging word. Honestly I am confused on who goes to flight school and doesn't intend on "working their ass off". As a prior enlisted for almost 12 years there is no need to worry or remind me how great of an opportunity I have. So please dont get butt hurt and tell me how unexperienced I am in the world of aviation because I realize that. I also realize sometimes people ask a question that requires more then a "work your ass off" answer.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who got butt hurt? Lighten up bud, no one's jumping down your throat. The answers you got were more a byproduct of how frequently NSS based questions are asked here then a reflection on your personal situation.

KBayDog

As a prior enlisted for almost 12 years...

Free advice: Highly recommend that this be the last time you use that line in your commissioned life. When you accept (accepted?) your commission, you need to understand that you're starting over again...albeit with a slightly better understanding of the way DoN works than a 22-yr old college grad. You don't want to be "that guy" when it comes to referencing your past service. You'll just piss people off. And, FWIW, there are plenty of folks who don't work their asses off when they get to flight school.

Best of luck with the NFO thing, and continue to draw upon the experience of this forum. I'm sure you'll do well, and I look forward to seeing a set of double anchors under your name someday.