• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Alameda

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
<--- Would love to see more naval activity in the Bay. And if the Navy does make it back this way, make sure to drop a few on the hyphy movement. ;)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now called Alameda Point. Interesting link here. Seems to be a very slow handover process. I guess a lot of reclamation work needs to go down.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
<--- Would love to see more naval activity in the Bay. And if the Navy does make it back this way, make sure to drop a few on the hyphy movement. ;)

Not likely. San Fran = not military friendly anymore.

Example 1: No recruiters in because of the gay policy

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
San Diego/LA is nowhere near as geographically pretty as San Fran. I've been to all 3.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
....As far as stinking, (El Toro) not as bad as Lemoore....
HEY !!! Call me crazy ... but the original comparison you made (and the subject of this thread) was about Alameda/Bay area. You suggested El Toro as a comparison ...(???) ... ergo, my comment.

But Lemoore .... ??? Now where did that come from ??? You have to learn to focus. I do not feel your pain.

The world wonders .... and the clock is ticking .... ticking ....

story.clock.jpg

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Not likely. San Fran = not military friendly anymore.

Yeah, no sh|t, man. San Franciscans pride themselves on their "peaceful" nature (exclude Hunter's Point, 6th St. areas), but if someone were to bomb SF tomorrow that'd all be out the door.

Huggy Bear

pilot
It was really sad watching the demise of the military in the bay area. I had a front row seat while a middie at a certain little leftist colony in the east bay. When I was a freshman, all of our LTs had nice homes with great views of the bay on yerba buena island (I'm sure worth millions now), we had our own little sailing fleet on treasure island, toured the carriers and got helo rides at alameda, had a multitude of great miltary facilities for training, dining outs and the like. By the time I was commissioned it was all gone. We had to go all the way to Travis for anything. San Francisco does not deserve the nice fleet week we put on for them.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
It was really sad watching the demise of the military in the bay area. I had a front row seat while a middie at a certain little leftist colony in the east bay. When I was a freshman, all of our LTs had nice homes with great views of the bay on yerba buena island (I'm sure worth millions now), we had our own little sailing fleet on treasure island, toured the carriers and got helo rides at alameda, had a multitude of great miltary facilities for training, dining outs and the like. By the time I was commissioned it was all gone. We had to go all the way to Travis for anything. San Francisco does not deserve the nice fleet week we put on for them.

*Tear*

I remember reading in the paper a couple years ago about some guy who was suing the city over the noise of the Blues practicing even though he had only lived in the city for two years at the time. The Blue Angels have been performing here for what? 20 years? I don't want Fleet Week to go away! There are still those like us that live in San Francisco that appreciate our Navy.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
*Tear*

I remember reading in the paper a couple years ago about some guy who was suing the city over the noise of the Blues practicing even though he had only lived in the city for two years at the time. The Blue Angels have been performing here for what? 20 years? I don't want Fleet Week to go away! There are still those like us that live in San Francisco that appreciate our Navy.

Are you sure? I thought you were the only one. ;)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Back in my Moffett Field days (mid to late 1980s), it was a big training center. Lots of different schools from 1 day BS ones to A schools. There was also a NADEP (they did P-3s among others) and a bunch ships homeported there (including CVNs & CGNs...nuclear wessels....).
To drag up an old thread to make a correction.....

I was playing around with google earth and I realized I combined NAS Alameda and NTTC Treasure Island.

Treasure Island was the training center, A schools, etc. Alameda had the NADEP and ships.